cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G WIFI mini doesn't always connect

Drummeraluk
Explorer

I've been using my WIFI mini in car to allow real time traffic. The problem is that the device (most of the time), when I start the car, will not automatically switch on.

I need to hold the on button for a few seconds to connect again. Sometimes several times before WIFI shows on the car list of available WIFI.

This seems to be a problem with the device rather than the car's connectivity. Sometimes a few of the lights are lit on the device, sometimes none and occasionally all lights are on but still no available WIFI shows.

The 4G signal is fine in my area so that can't be the cause of this problem. The device is connected to the cars USB port for power.

Is there any way I can have the device automatically switch on and connect (consistently) when the engine is switched on?

Any advice would be very welcome. 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm not aware of anything that you can change in the settings to do that, @Drummeraluk.

Does it work differently in a different car?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. It doesn't matter which car I'm in. It is just annoying having to reset each time the electrics are interrupted such as a stall or temporary switch off whilst waiting.

I was wondering if there's a reset I could do or if the firmware could be updated?

Regards, Alan

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

You could try a reset of the device, @Drummeraluk.

If you locate the reset pin hole you'll need to get a pin and press and hold the button for around 15 seconds.

Jon