cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifetime guarantee or is it?

Rileykit
Visitor

So took out contract 2 yrs ago new iPad. Got life time guarantee. So 2 yrs up. Option continue to pay (already bought as such - same charge!!  So decided much cheaper have a sim. Oh yeah god nightmare service awful - 3 calls all at least hour long. Think (??) cracked it. But now NO more lifetime guarantee….. why?  So it’s con?. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rileykit  It’s lift time guarantee whilst you’re on the same contract or you allow it to continue after the minimum term date but as you started a new contract the lifetime guarantee is over as it’s a different contract.  

Let’s say you upgrade to a new device does the lifetime guarantee continue on the old device even though that’s no longer under contract and you’re no longer paying for it.  

What is the EE Lifetime Warranty?

If you've bought, or upgraded to and eligible pay monthly phone or tablet plan, the EE Lifetime Warranty will cover your device against any manufacturer faults for the lifetime of your new contract until you either upgrade or leave.

So, if something goes wrong and your device breaks down through no fault of your own, we'll repair or replace your device for free. And you can be safe in the knowledge that your device will be in good hands as we always use authorised experts.

you’ll find that HERE 

the lifetime guarantee also doesn’t cover breakages as this would fall under insurance and insurance ends the moment you take out a new contract that’s when you find a 3rd party to insurance the device with.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rileykit  It’s lift time guarantee whilst you’re on the same contract or you allow it to continue after the minimum term date but as you started a new contract the lifetime guarantee is over as it’s a different contract.  

Let’s say you upgrade to a new device does the lifetime guarantee continue on the old device even though that’s no longer under contract and you’re no longer paying for it.  

What is the EE Lifetime Warranty?

If you've bought, or upgraded to and eligible pay monthly phone or tablet plan, the EE Lifetime Warranty will cover your device against any manufacturer faults for the lifetime of your new contract until you either upgrade or leave.

So, if something goes wrong and your device breaks down through no fault of your own, we'll repair or replace your device for free. And you can be safe in the knowledge that your device will be in good hands as we always use authorised experts.

you’ll find that HERE 

the lifetime guarantee also doesn’t cover breakages as this would fall under insurance and insurance ends the moment you take out a new contract that’s when you find a 3rd party to insurance the device with.  

Not true I have just been told by EE that the life time warranty is not really life time it stops when you come to the end of your contact even if you do not upgrade or change tariff. So it is very misleading to say the least not withstanding the life time warranty which is not really a lifetime was removed a few days after I started a new contract 26 months ago. 🤔 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Robphone

If you upgrade to an eligible pay monthly plan, your new device will be covered by the Extended Warranty, but your previous device will no longer be covered.

You can find full details in our terms and conditions. 

Leanne.

@Robphone   Lifetime warranty is only while your on that contract you took out.  If you upgrade that warranty is over it’s only while you’re on the original contract you took out.  If you continue with the same contract even when that contract has reached its minimum term the warranty is still applicable.  ( you have been misinformed about that ) 

Hello 

Thanks for your reply I have spoken to 3 different people about this the last person said your only covered for the life of the contract, 24 months regardless of still continuing with the same contract. Of the back of this I have requested pac on my 4 contracts and 2 pay as you go sims not good for a customer for over 27 years 

⁣Kind Regards 

Robert *******

[mod edit: removed personal details from the forum] ​

Klxdave
Visitor

Yes it’s a complete con, they like you to believe you have a lifetime guarantee whilst you remain a customer, it’s not until you upgrade or move over to a sim only plan that the intentional misleading marketing tricks come out, such as repairs on EE, have your device repaired on us…. But at a cost!!!  Completely misleading and wrong way to treat a very loyal customer, well I’m off to another supplier and the ombudsman can deal with my complaints….  Shame on you EE for forcing customers down an online/chat system for upgrades because your phone service is so poor, you get told lies and miss truths regularly by chat assistants that don’t really know what they are doing.