cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile repair

swalsh4
Explorer

The worst service possible. I pre booked a time slot through the website as suggested, the repair promise to repair the mobile within 2 hours and for EE to supply a loan device during the repair. Perfect, it would probably cost a little more but hey ho it’s a reputable company and with the quick turn around and a loan device it would be worth it?? When I arrived at the Bolton store  it became very obvious that the device wasn’t going to be repaired within the 2 hours or no guarantee it would in 48 hours. As I’d travelled for an hour to get there I decided to accept this and go ahead, I was getting a loan phone to use, well actually no I wasn’t as they had all been loaned out??? The irony of it all we were actually sat in front of the large neon sign promoting 2 hour repairs.  As a BT / EE customer this not the service I expect,  the worst

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
swalsh4
Explorer

The device is the S20+

Yes I understand that certain repairs will take longer, the issue here is that on booking the slot surely EE must have known they couldn’t take on the repair for at least 2 days, so why ask me to attend store (prompt) on a day without availability?? Why was the promise of a loan device shown when the store had none?? It is completely unacceptable to draw customers in on false promises. I wasted 3 hours of my day, the cost of travel and parking and for absolutely nothing. I arrived prompt as requested at 14:30.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @swalsh4 

What device and what was the issue. 

In store repairs: only available at selected EE stores. Same day repair subject to availability of parts. 

On occasion a repair may take longer than usual, in any event, devices brought in to store after 4pm cannot be repaired on the same day. If the repair is not covered by your device warranty you will have to pay for the repair. It is also your responsibility to back up your data and content; we will not be responsible for any information that you lose as part of that back-up process. You must also disable any security software that would prevent inspection of your device. We will notify you when your device is ready to collect. You’ll have 28 calendar days from the date we tell you to pick it up. If you don't come back in time, we'll only keep your mobile phone for a further 30 days; after which you may not be able to get it back.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
swalsh4
Explorer

The device is the S20+

Yes I understand that certain repairs will take longer, the issue here is that on booking the slot surely EE must have known they couldn’t take on the repair for at least 2 days, so why ask me to attend store (prompt) on a day without availability?? Why was the promise of a loan device shown when the store had none?? It is completely unacceptable to draw customers in on false promises. I wasted 3 hours of my day, the cost of travel and parking and for absolutely nothing. I arrived prompt as requested at 14:30.