cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4g

ChrisPW75
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I have an e-sim withy watch. However when it is disconnected from my phone via Bluetooth, I can not send or receive text messages. My phone is on but I get a message ony watch to say it's off.

Also I don't seem to be able to refresh/send and receive emails? 

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your help but after several frustrating days I have managed to fix it. I needed to switch on remote connection in the wear app.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ChrisPW75  Have you setup the cellar plan via the watch app on the device?  If you have is cellular data enabled on the watch ? 

Hi thank you for taking the time to reply and help.

I can confirm that the mobile/cellular data is switched on.

I can make calls from the watch but I can't send or receive text messages. Thanks 

@ChrisPW75  Is that when the phone is on or within range of the watch ?

If the phone is off you can not send receive texts on the watch as the phone has to be on even if the phone isn’t with you.   Your message centre number is on the phone not the watch so the text goes via the message centre number and then that’s pushed to your watch or from the watch to your phone via the message centre number. 

Hi, the phone is switched on, but disconnected from the watch via Bluetooth. I have checked the message center and the number is correct. It's still not working.

@ChrisPW75  What phone are you using with the Samsung watch ? 

It's a Samsung s21 5g. Thanks 

Thanks for your help but after several frustrating days I have managed to fix it. I needed to switch on remote connection in the wear app.

Thanks 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @ChrisPW75

Leanne.