cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of ID

Dmh62
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ok so if somebody orders something to be delivered to their home address and they are already EE customers and have been for years and the delivery address is their billing address why do they need proof of identity ?

I get the need to chck ID for new customers and when excisting customers opt to pick up in store but why when your delivering to an address already being used as a billing address do I need to prove I am me ! 

And what exactly is the process if a customer doesnt have any of the forms of ID that EE state are accepted ? Are they then excluded from being customers or if excisting customers upgrading ?

54 REPLIES 54

Hi@James_B  interesting. Can you please redirect me to the EE policy that support this assumption:

"Sorry, you would need need a valid passport or drivers license as identification."

It would be very helpful thank you.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mil3n3 

Our How Will My Phone Be Delivered help page says: 

'Pick up from an EE store

Choose your most convenient EE store when you order. We'll text you when it's ready. Remember to bring valid ID, such as your passport or driving licence, when you come in.' 

Thanks

Chris

Mil3n3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G ,

Thank you that's is helpful. I have been told by security team that any in store purchases must require an official ID document. Can you redirect me to the related policy please? 

Thx

VickyB93
Explorer

I completely agree, 

I just ordered some earbuds through my contract and I don't drive or have a passport. I showed photo ID with my name on it, I showed proof of address and bank statement of the contract going out and they wouldn't give me the earbuds because I didn't have a provisional or passport. I was literally in the same store 3 weeks previous for a phone repair!! Absolutely ridiculous!

Thats madness. How is that safe?? A family member could do a fraudulent transaction too in your name/account! The policy is ridiculous,