cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 8 pro pre order

Connoredwards98
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all have the pixel 8 pro on pre order it's due to be released tomorrow but on my tracking it still says awaiting delivery date confirmation. Has anyone elses tracker updated or will it just be delivered tomorrow?

157 REPLIES 157
keithwalton42
Explorer

I raised a formal complaint with them over this yesterday as its simply not good enough behaviour. despite ordering it a week ago i had an e-mail monday morning asking me to call them as they needed 'more information' but over half an hour later on the phone i hadn't told them anything they didn't already have or could have done via e-mail / website like take the up front payment!

If they don't answer the complaint by midday monday i'll be canceling the order, my existing contract and my broadband with them and ordering elsewhere as we have until end of monday to order to claim the free watch.

ndpardis
Explorer

I ordered my Google Pixel 8 Pro 256gb (Obsidian) earlier in the week. The retention team member stated it would arrive on release day (12th Oct). I only went ahead with the deal because he said it would arrive on time. I could have and should have ordered it via Google Store (who also gave my old handset a £100 more value trade in).

I've been chasing up today as I held naive hope it would come today without any tracking update. 

The online chat said 30 minutes someone will respond. Hours later someone responds saying it is out of stock and I will be waiting 28 days. I explained when I ordered I was told it would come yesterday and that EE website still had the handset ready to be delivered Monday if you order within a set time. 

I then called up and after a long time I speak to someone who connects me to billing team. The kind lady looked/probed/explored saying my order is open at the warehouse but cannot see any stock. She will be giving me a call tomorrow for an update otherwise I will be cancelling the order and having my upfront money and delivery cost refunded. I'll then order directly from Google.

In the year 2023 EE cannot manage and update their stock levels? I felt deceived by the sales people now. 

Gingerbread007
Contributor
Contributor

So I have had a few days of hell with EE. 

I didn't get a notification from EE about the order being delivered until I logged into the DPD app with my email and mobile number. 

Was told that it could not be delivered, so was taken back to the depot. 

I noticed though, that the address that EE added, was missing the number of the unit of my work. 

So, tried to call them at about 17:00, to get hold of someone who is fairness was pretty understanding of the situation. 

Noticed the issue with the address and tried to get it changed, but could not as the team who does this went home at 17:00.

So added notes about the missing part of the address and requested DPD to call me. 

Tried to and had the same issues as before, even though this was meant to be in the notes to call me. 

No call, only a photo of the car park he parked in, which ironically took a photo of the door.

Then contact between DPD and EE, an still cannot get the address change to add the addational field which is missing. 

So, now my phone is being shipped back to EE as it was 2 failed attempts.

On the phone requesting if I could get the address changed, but was told they cannot change it and would need to re-order the whole thing. An the issue was that their system could not add the correct address.

I have no idea, how 2 major companies do not have the ability to get this change at all, so I'm now without my new phone until god knows. 

Raised a complaint, as I'm still confused about how this even cannot be resolved.

keithwalton42
Explorer

I chased up my order via online chat and the rep was eager to open another complaint even though i said i already had one open.

They checked my order and its showing at least 28 days for delivery and that all colours of the  256gb models were the same, but that i could have a 128 black in 3-5 working days. I asked them to cancel the order as I could get both 128/256gb off amazon tomorrow and wouldn't have to wait to claim the watch either.

They offered a goodwill gesture to close the complaint that they opened before they'd look at my order status.

Once that is done i'll be considering my options elsewhere with a sim free phone

Not 100% true what they're saying. I've pre ordered P8 256GB Obsidian on 8th October and received it yesterday. Or maybe I was just lucky...

becky156
Visitor

I order one the 12th Google pixel 8 pro in bay and saw something at the bottom of my email saying expect dispatch after 28days but if you don't log in and go onto their site as a new customer it says +50 in stock, no update on the EE app just says my tracking number doesn't exist. Done an online live chat and it got even more confusing the guy said it would be delivered to my local store? but then once I receive the phone at my home address I need to ring them to set up and appointment in store once I receive it that tell me it will come to my home address surely? tired doing a live chat today to confirm where it will be delivered at and aperatleny the chat isn't working. 

But I see a lot of people on here have received it without any updates and other being told its delayed. I hope it arrives before the watch claim dates are I believe the free watch is limited numbers so I might be unlucky anyway but id still like the chance to try an get it but you need to phone IMI number. 

ndpardis
Explorer

After speaking with EE again on Saturday I cancelled the order. All the lies and misinformation about stock and how it'll be with me on release day was a waste of my time and money. Now I have cancelled the upfront money and delivery costs will be refunded to me. Yesterday I went onto Google store and ordered the phone via installments (24 months with Klarna) and it's being delivered today. Plus the Pixel Watch 2! 

I will speak to EE this week about a SIM only plan but even then I'm worried about the possible headache afterwards lol. 

Kerrie1130
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I am in the same situation,  I phoned up today and they have said it could be 28 day xx after being told it would come today xx