cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music benefit - what a nightmare!!

holdenmj72
Investigator
Investigator

This is a warning to anybody who is looking to add apple music as an inclusive benefit - it doesn't work (particularly if you have an Android device). If you get an activation link to activate your subscription, Apple won't grant access through EE. This is something that needs sorting out a.s.a.p as it was a big part in my decision to leave my previous provider. I joined last week and I still don't have access to the benefit. 

18 REPLIES 18
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@holdenmj72   It does work and many people have it working on android.  Have you setup an Apple Music account?    You need that in order to link the smart benefit to the Apple Music account. 

Chris,

I've been liaising with EE technical department on this for the last two days and they are struggling with the issue. I have set up  an apple id and when I use the link to get me to apple music app I get the message 'No subscription through EE'. I then get directed to the paying options.

Your technical department have confirmed that there are issues. It should be a simple process.

I'd welcome any suggestions

Mark 

Gsk
Visitor

Having exactly the same issue! Changed to this benefit and now it just says no subscription found through EE when I click the activation link. Be interested to see if you found a resolution? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gsk,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If your subscription hasn't activated within 24 hours, please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can help.

Thanks

James

Lambonumber5
Explorer

Did you ever resolve it? I'm having the same issue

chrislondon77
Explorer

Same issue, it's almost been two weeks now since I first tried to enable Apple Music on my account. Countless conversations with EE, their technical department, Apple and their tech guys - and no luck. A total disaster.

I can only speculate this is down to the fact I've had this add-on before and/or I've had my personal AM account before opting for the EE add-on.

Lambonumber5
Explorer

Update : I had the same issue and attempted resolutions as described above i.e. Cust Service removing and re-activating, complaining,  speaking with Apple support... and none of it worked.

The following worked for me : 

1. In my last complaint I just asked them to de-activate so I could use a different inclusive extra, which EE CS did, properly this time. 
  2. I checked and it showed up in app as being available as an Inclusive Extra (i.e. it didn't show a date when it could be changed).
  3. I  reactivated it myself in the EE and app and DID NOTHING ELSE for 24 hours (I did NOT go into the Apple music app).
  4. The following evening I went into the Apple music app on my android phone and it worked first time.

Hope this helps.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for sharing @Lambonumber5 

Leanne.

I can't believe it but my issue was caused by the fact we didn't give enough time for the add-on to be "properly" inactivated before trying to activate it again (see Lambonumber5's reply). It has taken almost three weeks to finally get a chance to talk to someone at the EE technical team who explained you need to (1) remove the add-on, (2) wait around 24h and only then attempt to (3) enable it again. Apparently the second step is critical as it allows for any old subscriptions to get properly sync-ed up with Apple.