cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone number formatted incorrectly

GiuliaB1
Investigator
Investigator

Did you get it sorted?I am having the same issue, I texted that number the other day and it was fine then I could not send any messages due to the phone number format incorrectly pop up. I have a Google pixel and I tried sending messages to other contacts and have zero problem.

Thank you 

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @GiuliaB1

Thanks for coming here. 

Is the text to a number you have saved in your contacts?

Are you using the installed messaging app or a third party app? 

Leanne. 

Thank you, so I have followed the thread and tried to do everything that has been suggested. Deleted the number, checked that is a +44, cleared cache and storage, updated the app, switched on and off my Google pixel 4a and still nothing!

I have tried messagging others and no problems. The app is the one installed. I also messaged this contact previously and had no.problem 

Thank you 

Leanne_T

Thanks @GiuliaB1

Can you call the number? 

Leanne.

I haven't tried, as I am out of the UK at the moment.

But still it would not explain what is going on!?

Also, I have noticed that all the other numbers I can text have these on the details - notification, app settings, oy send MMS and sms, block and report spam, verify encryption- but when I check the details of that number it doesn't show any at all

Leanne_T

Thanks @GiuliaB1

Can you delete the contact again and try and text the number without this being saved, does this send? 

Can you text the number from any other phone? 

Leanne 🙂

I have some that 😕

James_B

Hi @GiuliaB1,

Did you try deleting and reinstalling the contact?

James

I have. I have even tried to send the message to that number without saving it