cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tarskavaig Mast needs APN Reset

glacierguy
Contributor
Contributor

Since the beginning of November 2023 the Tarskavaig mast on the Isle of Skye has been misconfigured. IPv4 is no longer working. This means that my 4G Router cannot connect using the default EE APN. I have tried calling EE customer support to no avail - they have no idea what I'm talking about.

The Tarskavaig mast needs an APN reset.

Please!

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Hi littleun, yes, your problem sounds identical to mine. I suggest you head over to the Confused Bird Forum, where you will find more useful advice.

littleun
Investigator
Investigator

@glacierguy thank you! I found your thread on ConfusedBird also and unfortunately am completely technologically illiterate so a lot of it was over my head, but it sounds my understanding that you found a temporary fix using something called a UPS by using a different mast. Would you mind clarifying a few things for me?

1) Is something like this what you mean by UPS? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eaton-protect-Internet-assistants-controllers-White/dp/B092TG9M7C/ref=sr_1_...

2) Did your fix mean you connected your router to the UPS at home, drove to Elgol where you picked up the signal and then drove all the way back home (and the Elgol signal continued to work on your router at home)? Unfortunately our nearest other mast is at Dornie, and there is a blackspot between us and the Dornie mast (we definitely only get the signal from the Killilan mast home because of the distance) - do you think this would work for us (as there is an actual zero, rather than near zero signal zone)?

3) Wondering if you got anywhere with EE tech support/EE? Would you mind if I PM you separately to discuss?

Thank you!!!