cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data and messaging not working

fluffycabbage
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. My mobile data isn't working, hasn't for days. Same as messaging. Any ideas why? 

Seen multiple posts with similar issues. Currently got an S23FE, didn't ever have any issues like this with my S21. 

The SMSC is set correctly to [edited]  though is greyed out (not sure if that's a coincidence?) 

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fluffycabbage 

Welcome to the community.

Could you try restarting your phone please? If it still isn't working after that, I'd recommend popping your postcode into our coverage checker and hitting 'check status'. It'll let you know if we're aware of any problems in your area.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Can you make or receive voice calls?

Does VoLTE (Android) or 4G-call (Apple) show adjacent to your signal indicators?

Hi. I can't make calls - it takes me to the payment system. It said I hadn't paid my bill (news to me!) So I paid it via the app. Then it said I'd overpaid by that amount. Looked at account and there were 2 accounts, 1 for an old account and 1 for this new one. It had applied the payment to the old account and will be refunded... So I went onto the new account, went to pay, and it said I'd already paid!! 

Omg honestly I'm getting annoyed. I then rang 150 and it took me to the payment line (even though I have WiFi calling on). So i used the other normal number and it took me to the payment line. 

How do I even contact customer service if it won't let me call??!!

Also, no the VoLTE isn't there.

No problems in the area. Phone restarted, no different. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's normal behaviour for a phone to have all call attempts redirected to 150 if there's a call restriction applied - whether you dial over WiFi or mobile is immaterial. Your response alludes to there being an account issue which wasn't referenced in your first post but is potentially the cause of the problem.

Try calling CS on 0800 0798586 from another phone if you're unable to somehow persuade the IVR to transfer you via 150.

Hi. Yes I didn't know there was an issue with the account when I posted. I went back into the app just now and it had changed (updated). Then it actually let me pay properly, onto the right account, and it applied. The calls and messages are now working. 

Unfortunately I am now 2 days past the 14 day Cooling off period with this phone because I've not been able to contact them. It's a terrible phone, and now stuck with it for 2 years. Great.