cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network since new year’s day

JaneW81
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve had problems with my phone since New Year’s Day. 

I’m regularly getting a ‘not registered on network’ message when I try to make calls, send texts, or pick up voicemails. I can’t ring support at the moment because I’m getting this message.

I’ve tried turning the phone off and on again, and also taking our and re-inserting the SIM card, but it doesn’t help. I use my phone for my business so am desperate to get things working again. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or how I can contact support other than by phone? 

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Use the "check status" option on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/network/ee in the first instance.

Then "keep me posted" or "report a problem" depending on the result.

JaneW81
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Bristolian

I’ve had a look. It says I should get good coverage outdoors, but weak indoors. I’ve never had a problem before indoors.

The phone is acting like it doesn’t have a SIM card. If I look in the ‘ SIM manager’ it says ‘no SIM cards’ even though there is one ☹️.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You've used the "check coverage" option, not the "check status" option that I suggested.

Your other observation could be interesting - if you have a dual-SIM phone, are the results identical across both slots? The other possibility is there is something account-specific causing this, which CS would be able to diagnose. They can be contacted on 0800 0798586 from any working phone.

JaneW81
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Bristolian

I get an error message with the check status (unexpected error occurred) . I’ve tried it a few times this morning and keep getting the same message. Then it tells me to try the coverage checker. 

It is dual sim, and shows both as empty (even though one isn’t) .

Thanks for the CS number, I’ll try them when I get home, and hope that they’re still around. I only have my mobile at work ☹️