Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal. WiFi calling not working.

Awhy
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Hoping someone can help.  I have a Google pixel 7, and live in a spot with not the greatest signal, but can always make and receive calls. I have WiFi calling switched on.

Today, my signal has gone. I have an exclamation mark beside an empty signal bar, but it intermittently returns.  When I try to make a call, I get a message of either mobile network not connected or Radio Off.  I get Radio off when in Aeroplane mode as usually this forces a Wi-fi call, but neither normal calls or WiFi calls are working.  

I think most of my calls rely on WiFi calling, so I feel this is my main issue, that it's not working for me right now.

I've restarted my phone and router. I've also removed and reinserted the SIM.

Any thoughts would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.

33 REPLIES 33
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Is your phone set to mobile-preferred or WiFi-preferred for WiFi-calling?

If other internet-based functions work on this router, and you've restarted the phone, you'd have to test on other broadband routers to see if the problem follows your phone or the wireless router.

Yvonne19687
Visitor

I’m having the same issue I have an iPhone 15 Pro max 

suzf
Investigator
Investigator

I've got the same problem today, wifi calling stopped working and no signal in this area

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, on the pixel 7 there isn't an option for WiFi preferred. 

DavidBanner
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the same issue as of late morning today. Both my phone and my wifes phone cannot make any wifi calls and as we cant get a mobile network signal we are very annoyed and frustrated.

EE service status page on their website just says "Blocked" !!!!!  That's not my idea of customer service.

suzf
Investigator
Investigator

I've tried the EE service checker but that says

This service isn’t working right now

I think they mean the service checker system not the mobile service in this area!  So not helpful.

Awhy
Investigator
Investigator

Yes, very frustrating, and thanks to all... Helps to know the problem isn't in my phone / my head.

AmyBuz
Explorer

Hi, I am also having the same issue with no wifi calling on both my personal iPhone and work iPhone. I like in an area with poor signal so can't make or receive any calls. I have switched everything off and on again, taken the SIM out and back in. 

How can this be logged with EE technical support?

Thanks

@AmyBuz  I did it here https://ee.co.uk/help/service-status/mobile/report-a-problem although theres not category for reporting "wifi calling" issues so I had to report it under "Mobile->Cant Make or Receive calls".