cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Coverage Feedback

bz1ne6ql
Visitor

There are some serious signal blackspots around Manchester, and on the train line between Manchester and Liverpool. In fact a large portion of the main line between Liverpool and Manchester have zero network coverage. The morning commute feels like we're travelling through mountains 😕

I've chatted with customer service a few times, but I keep getting told it's my fault or there's some network maintenance going on. But it's not just me – literally everyone in our office in Manchester and folks on the train that are using EE are facing the same issue.

So, I was wondering, is there a way to officially flag these areas where the signal's really poor? And is there a specific team that looks into this kind of stuff? It would be great to have someone take a proper look into this because it's affecting quite a few of us.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bz1ne6ql  what is the signal like office ? As no network will guarantee you signal indoors,   Hence WiFi calling for these situations.   

As for the train issue that could be a mast issue or  multiple mast issues.    You’ll need to report that via THIS  and using the check network status tab. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The myEE app has the facility to log areas of poor coverage, and upload details of them automatically.

I would be very surprised if there is zero network coverage on the stretches you mention, but some types of train do have significant RF attenuation, and this can result in in-carriage performance being poor. I recall Pendolinos being bad for this.

Network planners tend to have a pretty good idea of where good & bad coverage areas are, but use of the app's monitoring function is certainly worthwhile to assist.