Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or recieve phone calls

Brady1212
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I just upgraded my phone using the same SIM card. However, I've been unable to send or receive calls on both the new and old phones.

We tried switching the call to 2G and turning off VoLTE with no result

We've attempted to contact EE CS through my phone, which wasn't working, and my partner's; however, the automated system would only allow us to check/fix his line (he has no issues with the same phone on EE)

Would anyone be able to advise on what to do next

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

At what point during the swapover process did the SIM stop working in your old phone? Was this after moving it to your new phone, or before?

If VoLTE is disabled, then calls would fall to 2G by design. What happens in either case, when you try making a call?

I would say a few days prior I noticed my calls were going through to anybody and thought it may be something that would solve itself once I swapped to the new device. However, that was not the case. There's no dial tone whatsoever. Yet I can text message or message on WhatsApp. I can't call anyone on whatsapp either

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Mobiles don't have dial-tones, you dial the number and then press green "send".

Usage of mobile apps such as WhatsApp or Messenger is handled by your phone and the mobile network as data traffic - all the routing is done by WhatsApp and not anyone else, thus the only troubleshooting possible here is to prove your phone has a working internet connection.

I suspect it's telling that your SIM had some issues prior to swapping it to a new phone - and that if it doesn't work in either device, that's indicative of a user-specific issue. I would recommend contacting EE CS to have your specific account checked over. They are available on 0800 0798586 from any working phone.

When we go into my contacts on my phone and try to call someone it doesn't ring at all it just ends the call immediately despite the network being fine. 

WhatsApp is my alternative but I can only message on there as well. 

I've tried contacting EE CS and technical services and I am unable to do that on my phone so tried via my partners phone however it ha e us no option to speak to a person. I've left am email with CS via a Web form but as christmas is approaching I don't know when this will be picked up and hoped I'd be able to find an answer here.

@Brady1212 wrote:

the network being fine. 

I'm intrigued by your basis for saying this.

Based on your description thus far, this is a user-specific issue - and no-one on here has access to your specific details or account to advise further.