cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No internet or phone signal. Phone is showing 4G

Green513
Investigator
Investigator

I am also in same situation 4g and 5g yet struggling send a text should not have to use WiFi my signal has been perfect until past 7 days, why should I pay for a service to gain a service that was already there and I need my mobile for work purposes and no WiFi, when I call without WiFi calling its terrible.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Green513 

Is your phone on automatic selection mode? Do you see any signal at all when you're off WiFi?

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Short term issues are often caused by local service issues - you can check for those using the "check status" option on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee , then either "report a problem" or "keep me posted" depending on the result.

WiFi-calling is a free coverage extension service, and enables full use of your phone without needing mobile coverage. It's not intended to replace mobile network service, but to supplement it.

Yeah I get that but I'm having signal issues no matter where I go in past 7 days I travel to Edinburgh 5 days a week and signal from my home 36 miles away the service is still affecting me, until I get home I can only get a proper signal via WiFi calls and before past 7 days it was perfect it's impossible to take or make a call as constant cut out because of signal drops as soon as connection is made on calls,Web browsers and text,WhatsApp having to constantly turn flight mode on and off to reset mobile Internet connection.

Christopher_G

Hi @Green513 

Is your phone on automatic selection mode? Do you see any signal at all when you're off WiFi?

Chris

@Green513 wrote:

Yeah I get that but I'm having signal issues no matter where I go in past 7 days I travel to Edinburgh 5 days a week and signal from my home 36 miles away the service is still affecting me

If you're having issues across such a wide geographical area there may yet be a problem with your phone.

Do other EE users have the same problems in the same locations? That alone would be a good test of network issues.

Yes but never steady between 4 towns with great signals I pass 7 major towns and 2  large cities livingston and Edinburgh and signal is terrible constantly signal drop and calls are choppy and texts are same too sometimes have turn flight mode on and off to establish a connection wich at best is cutting in and out I have worked these areas for 2 years and never had this problem with a52 and my current a54 5g until past 2 weeks now.

James_B

Hi @Green513,

As @bristolian mentioned, if you are consistently having issues in multiple locations, it could well be problem with your phone.

I'd recommend contacting Technical Support so a member of the team can run through some diagnostics with you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James