cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deteriorating data speeds

TahirT
Visitor

Since around the start of December the mobile data speeds have fallen off the cliff. I used to get consistent +100 Mbps wherever I was travelling in London (EC2 and SW London). But now I literally struggle to load simple Google search results, speeds are consistently below 1 Mbps. Yes, I know the signal bars aren't accurate (it shows 2/3 bars 5G) but honestly this is subpar performance.

I have tested it on multiple phones (Nothing Phone 2/ Pixel 8 Pro / OnePlus Open) and it's the exact same experience. The only thing that makes sense is that it seems to have coincided with the turning off of the 3G services. Honestly what's the point of paying high prices only to get worse service than cheaper providers. My work phone uses Vodafone and it performs significantly better, it used to be the complete opposite before. I had even convinced friends and family to switch to EE and now I regret that. I will not be renewing my contract.

I'm a BT + EE customer, I have had no issues with BT but I will not be continuing with EE going forward. (Yes I know they have merged).

Edit:

To clarify this is the exact same experience for my colleagues and friends who switched to EE.

Honestly disappointed.

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @TahirT

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening. 

Do you experience the same when using 4G?

Speak soon, 

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

3G coverage in London was live during December & January, although background optimisation activity is always possible.

The experience you describe is far from normal, it would be wise to eliminate local issues first - use the "check status" option on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee 

Does travelling a short distance, make any difference to these symptoms? That would be a good way to test whether this is a site-specific or a TAC issue.