cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 5G NR SA (Stand Alone) Sites

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I see EE are now running some 5G Stand Alone Sites in London, Bristol and Cardiff, anyone have any news or updates on this? are these closed Trial Sites or are they the First Sites to actually be used as part of the 5G Network Roll Out in NR Stand Alone mode? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jadesharp1992
Contributor
Contributor

uld love to test this as well. i'm on an iphone 15 pro max.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

If I find anything out about this I'll let you know, @EssexBoyEE.

I'll have an ask around.

Jon

Thanks @Jon_K 

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Any more News on this one?

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

So, any updates on these 5G SA Sites? Vodafone appear to be doing the same now in London although at a greater speed, the VF in London SA Sites seem to be following Overground Railways Routes, which appears to be what EE are doing the Bristol and Cardiff areas.

Is there a Theme going on here, Railways and 5G NR Standalone Sites?

GeorgeEC
Contributor
Contributor

Any news on this? Shall we expect 5G SA this year from EE? Do iPhone need a software update for SA or are they working out of the box? I know 5G SA is supported from i12 onwards.

cd1369
Investigator
Investigator

Seconded to the above.  Sometime over the summer, a tech I'd spoken with suggested that Maidstone would be getting an upgrade.  I suspected it would be this, though not explicitly mentioned, but I also suspect that he didn't actually know.

I would not think it would be difficult for this information to be conveyed.  In my case, I'm using it for home broadband it would be great to know. 

It’s summer 2023 and Vodafone UK has 5G standalone comercialy available. Nothing from EE?

Nope, in all fairness Voda are only offering SA in very few areas and for Business Customers at the mo.

They launched 5G Ultra for all 5G customers in London, Manchester, Bath and a few other cities. So it’s comercialy available to everyone but unfortunately not enabled yet on iOS, so only working on Samsung S21 and 22.