cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 5G NR SA (Stand Alone) Sites

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I see EE are now running some 5G Stand Alone Sites in London, Bristol and Cardiff, anyone have any news or updates on this? are these closed Trial Sites or are they the First Sites to actually be used as part of the 5G Network Roll Out in NR Stand Alone mode? 

19 REPLIES 19
Jadesharp1992
Contributor
Contributor

testing to see if I can post here yet?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jadesharp1992

Yes, your post has came through. 

Katie

peterkinxl5
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Any idea if EE are going to introduce 5G SA in Swindon anytime soon? 

TIA 

They don’t have 5G SA anywhere in the UK yet and they don’t seem to be in a hurry. Next year, Septemberish for London and a few other cities if we would look in a crystal ball.

peterkinxl5
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That isn't what's being said elsewhere in this forum . 

Or maybe the poster was referring to Vodafone by mistake. 

Thanks anyway 

Yes, EE is testing and preparing for 5G SA but they are not close to a comercial offer. Even Vodafone who bragged they have 5G SA with their 5G Ultra is not enabling it when customers request it.

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

So still awaiting an update on this, but meanwhile I've discovered that one of my local EE Mast is also pumping out 5G SA as well as the usual 5G NSA, I've also heard (elsewhere though other sources) that EE are now sending out 5G SA Sims to selected Customers for Trialing, obviously keen to try I had a chat with CS and then Tech to see how I could jump on the Wagon, but, they didn't seem have a clue about what I was on about, bless them, anyone on here have any pointers or info on this to move foward please. 

GeorgeEC
Contributor
Contributor

EE, if you are seeing this, I would live to participate in the SA testing too. I live in West London W3 postcode.

Jadesharp1992
Contributor
Contributor

uld love to test this as well. i'm on an iphone 15 pro max.

norwoody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'd also love to participate in any SA testing, BR5 postcode.