cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much data can you hotspot

Rich131
Investigator
Investigator

I have an unlimited dater plan and have a message saying I have used 80% of my gifting data if I go over that will I get Additional charges or will it be ok and extra charges.

I do not understand if I have unlimited data how can I be 80% if it is data I have on my plan Why can I not hotspot as much as I like. 

6 REPLIES 6
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Don't worry about it, it's telling you about Data you can Gift to any  another Sims on your Account, if you don't Gift don't worry.

There are no Tethering Limts (or Hot spots usage limits) on any EE Plans, your free to use your Data as you wish, there are however Data Fair Use Policies (FUP) on Unlimited Plans which may or may not effect your Data Speeds during each Month but you will always have Unlimited Data to use as you please. 

So for example if I have an xbox hot sporting to my phone this is ok as well ??

Yes, you can use your Data however you want, be it Hotspoting, Tethering or putting your Sim in a Tablet or Router, it doesn't mater or have any restrictions. Just be aware of your FUP on Unlimited Plans which may have some Speed Capping if you go over your FUP, even if you do, you will still have Unlimited Data to use, be it at a slower but at an acceptable 4G Speed(s) until your Month refreshes. 

Thank you very much 

Your welcome. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

All that you have other than that you use yourself directly or gift to other nos. on your a/c (up to 100GB).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)