cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile broadband contract (data sim) used in UK, not working in Europe

gina_22
Investigator
Investigator

I tried to find out how to activate roaming before leaving the UK but the only instructions are for phones, there's nothing about data-only sims for use with a 4G mobile router for tablets/laptops.

I was using it fine in the UK but in France I got "NO SERVICE" then "Roaming! Please access Web UI to reconnect" and in Spain only "NO SERVICE".

In France I used the hotel wifi to get online but again failed to find anything about connecting mobile broadband roaming on the EE page. If "Web UI" refers to the router's, I've forgotten the password and don't know how to reset it, if such a possibility exists. Please advise how I can use my data in Europe.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gina_22,

The error message you shared indicates that you need to login to your router to reconnect to the internet.

Are you back in the UK now?

To access your mobile WiFi admin console, you'll need to be connected to your mobile broadband router, rather than your home router.

James

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Leanne_T

Hi @gina_22

Thanks for coming here 🙂

If you have a pay monthly account can you, log into your My EE account online go to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls > Enable Roaming and also Make calls abroad from the UK > can you activate both settings? 

Leanne.

Thanks for the suggestion, Leanne-T, but I have just gone to Parental and Data Controls and see that both Enable Roaming and Make calls abroad from the UK are already activated, but I'm still getting "No Service" and "Roaming! Access Web UI to reconnect" even though the router shows a 4G connection.

James_B

Hi @gina_22,

Which router are you using?

James

gina_22
Investigator
Investigator

Huawei E5776s-32

James_B

Hi @gina_22,

To access the web console, please visit http://192.168.1.1 when connect to your router via WiFi.

The username and password should both be admin.

Does that allow you to reconnect?

James

Hi, James,

That URL takes me to the home router management page, not my mobile one. I assume that that's because I have wifi from the home router (otherwise I wouldn't be able to get online, because I can't get a connection through my mobile router, which is the problem I'm asking about). However, I imagine that what you're saying is that the problem lies in the router itself. Is that correct?

Gina

James_B

Hi @gina_22,

The error message you shared indicates that you need to login to your router to reconnect to the internet.

Are you back in the UK now?

To access your mobile WiFi admin console, you'll need to be connected to your mobile broadband router, rather than your home router.

James

gina_22
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, James,

In that case it'll have to wait until I'm back in the UK, or, more practical for my current situation, I'll have to get a new mobile broadband router here and see if that works.

Thanks.

Gina

James_B

Hi @gina_22,

You should still be able to access your router's admin console outside of the UK. Just make sure you're connected to your mobile router, rather than another WiFi source.

James