cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new 4G router set up but unable to connect security cameras within the poperty

Cornishman69
Investigator
Investigator

Unable to activate CCTV cameras through the new router

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Cornishman69 wrote:

The CCTV are 192.168.0.3 where EE router is 192.168.1.109

There's something funny going on there! The 1st 3 parts should be the same. Which mobile router is it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cornishman69 

Welcome to the community.

What is the problem that you're having? Are you getting any error messages? Please try restarting both devices and trying again.

Chris

Hello Chris. I don't get the error message in reference to the router..........the error message comes from the camera set up when connecting. In the past when I have used a Sky/Virgin & a Three3 router I have had no problem in linking the CCTV camera's to the laptop

David

James_B

Hi @Cornishman69,

What is the error message you see?

Can you successfully connect other devices to the router?

Have you contacted the camera manufacturer for support?

James

Hello James. YES everything else that would normally be attached to the router/broadband as previously is connected/working OK but when I attach/open the CCTV it shows 'Connect to device failed'

YES I have contacted the company that set/instored the CCTV but at a cost for there engineer to come out.

In the previous years since the CCTV instored I have used Sky/Virgin & Three3 routers without any problems.

David

James_B

Hi @Cornishman69,

Have you looked into contacting the manufacturer's support team directly, rather than the installer?

They may know if your setup requires any particular settings changes to work with different providers or if there are any other compatibility issues.

James

@Cornishman69 wrote:

There's something funny going on there! The 1st 3 parts should be the same. Which mobile router is it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi James.........I have no contact details of the manufacturer......the CCTV was installed back in 2015 & have worked without any problems until now with EE 4g Hub router......So I have gone online through google/you tube & nothing.

Even followed EE guidelines for 4g routers a/c to see if I could connect the CCTV through there router.....nothing.

Going on holiday nexts week & spending so many hours in getting this sorted out at the customer expense.....beginning to get/feeling **bleep**ed off.

What I have seen so far all broadband providers have got a fault in providing a service

Sorry.........I haven't got a clue in what you had provided, to me its ?????

The router EE provided me is Smart 4G Hub model# D412C57

& I already called the number provided & was given this web page.......through the community to find/solve the situation.....not impressed with EE

Christopher_G

Who is the manufacturer of the device, @Cornishman69? Have you checked their website? There could have been an update to software or something similar from their end, so it's best to check with them first. This thread will stay active so that you can come back and let us know what they say.

Chris