cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUAWEI 535-333 IPv4 only support

drakkich
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I recently got the HUAWEI 535-333 second hand to use as a 4G hub for my EE unlimited data sim, but I quickly found out about the IPv4/IPv6 issues with the router as I couldn't connect to either my work VPN or Steam on my personal machine. I read through a lot of threads here, mostly old-ish, and it seems like that APN trick no longer works and neither does using the old t-mobile APN. Whenever I try mirroring the default EE APN but just setting the IP type to IPv4 it just flashes a red light saying that I am not connected to the internet anymore. Same thing with the t-mobile workaround.

My question is, is there any new solution/workaround to this? I need to set my router to be IPv4 only so I can actually use it properly. I am currently having to use that SIM card in my iPhone and hotspot to make it work but that's not a viable option.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It should still work.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Is the Router Network Branded, ie, Three or Voda? 

It's Three branded.

I tried em but to no avail. Whenever I switch up the APNs my Internet connection light goes red on the router even after restarting it. I made sure that everything is copied over correctly and that it's set as Default.

I tried the APNs without setting usernames or passwords as well but they don't work either.

drakkich
Investigator
Investigator

Still an ongoing issue. Want to know if it's the router specifically at fault for not playing well with how EE handles IPv6 and if so which one is recommended. Preferably something not extortionate.

IPV4 Only and PAP

I've tried IPV4 Only and PAP profile but that did not work