cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the EE website never work?

WebsiteBROKEN
Visitor

Doesn't matter if I am on my phone or computer, this website never works. I just get errors saying I can't log in or the same page loads over and over again, no matter what link I click. At this point I just want to upgrade my plan and instead I might just change providers. Anyone else always having this issue?

56 REPLIES 56

Thanks for the advice Chris but you appear to be missing the point. I the customer have reported the issue already  with the mobile care team who said they couldn't see a problem with my account and that they were aware that there is a problem with the website for many customers. 

I then came on here and was told to raise a ticket,which I did only for it to be closed by the tech team as the number of days for resolving the issue was about to exceed the time scales for solving issues(basically they didn't want the stats to look bad so closed the ticket)

I called back concerned that they had closed the ticker and I would be not contacted and ignored. Guess what no contact from EE about a resolution.

I raised a complaint with executive complaints  who got back to me and was told they were rolling out a fix and could I wait acweek. Got a call back and was told to try the website again along with the app.

Still not working. The gentleman at executive complaints says oh I don't know what to suggest we will post you paper bills.

I have spent way to much time on tge phone with this issue than I should have(even now is taking time to write this message)

The point is Chris it should not be ME reaching out to solve this issue it should be EE bending over backwards to solve the issue that your system is not allowing one of their loyal customers of over 20 years the ability to access his online bill and see what early upgrade deals he can get etc.

But no for some reason I should be chasing EE a bout an issue THEY ALREADY KNOW ABOUT!

So what do you suggest should happen next?

The OP started this thread back in July last year saying:

"Doesn't matter if I am on my phone or computer, this website never works. I just get errors saying I can't log in or the same page loads over and over again, no matter what link I click. At this point I just want to upgrade my plan and instead I might just change providers. Anyone else always having this issue?"

A few days ago, my wife expressed a need for more data - she was considering a switch to Tesco for a better price. At which point I suggested that we look to take advantage of the much vaunted BT/EE merger (we have BT Broadband) and combine our broadband and two EE mobile contracts into a single account to benefit from a better overall deal. What a fool I was ...

I profoundly dislike telephone based "customer service" services - I just do, that's me. So it was my wife who spent half a day on the 'phone to get the matter sorted - something that we should have been able to do in ten minutes or so via a competent web-based service.

To get things started on the right foot I set my wife up as a Manager on our BT account so that she would be 'empowered' to deal with the matter. But, no, the much vaunted BT/EE integration hasn't got as far as providing better services for the customer - it appears limited to a bit of logo engineering and, probably, making life more difficult for customers and employees alike.

Anyhow, at the end of the day (or more accurately, the end of the day after), my wife's mobile has been transferred to my EE account (so that she can no longer manage her own service) and she is on exactly the same terms as she was before (so has failed to get the additional data she needs). Meanwhile, I am back on contract (so a victory for the retentions team) without the free EU roaming that I had previously (but, admittedly at the lower price that my wife was promised for each of us).

So, I went onto the website to try to sort out the mess ... and here we are.

@Leanne_T I appreciate that you are trying to do your best but I will now have to call the team on 150 "to discuss the account and what has been advised" though I don't hold out much hope. As the OP suggests, Smarty beckons ... 😞

Philip I actually have a smarty sim card for a small WiFi box to allow my son to access his tablet when we are out and about in our day van. It works great has great coverage etc. 

BEST OF ALL IT HAS A WEBSITE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!

I can see my bills data usage and offers etc.

So as EE do not seem to consider customer satisfaction as an issue for retention etc change could be afoot etc. Oh and don't get me started on mid contract price increases! That is for another day.

philip42h
Investigator
Investigator

@jazzscot  no, we don't want to get started on annual contract price increases, nor the fact that the better deals are available only to new customers or, potentially, via the retentions team - that would take this thread way off topic.

I called 150 - cute system that starts by assuming that the customer knows exactly which EE custard service department has the necessary script to deal with the issue. Spoke with a very pleasant lady in billing who couldn't understand what could possibly have gone wrong and transferred me to a grumpy bloke in retentions! He couldn't be bothered to even try to understand what my wife had been promised let alone what had gone wrong, but he was prepared to understand from us what deal we had been promised and set it up all over again. He promised that we would be able to see the deal on the website 'tomorrow' - i.e. today, at the time of posting.

I doubt that it will surprise anyone that the confirmation email I received was identical to the one my wife received last week. And that there is still no sign whatsoever of the 'upgrade' on our account - it continues to reflect her current contract. It is true that said contract still has nine days to run, so maybe some magic will happen in a few days time, but equally, by that time she will be out of the country and 'reliant' on the upgrade she is looking for.

So that's at least two strikes now ...

Back on topic: The website is a mess structurally and a masterpiece of information hiding. EE are way too keen on advertising EE and not so keen on delivering any kind of service. It's OK if we go in through the front door, login in, know where EE have hidden the link to the page we want, go straight there and transact our business. But woe betide the unwary who then attempt to navigate to another part of the site - it'll drop you down a hole and issue spurious error messages. The workaround that I have found is to go to the Profile page, scroll to the bottom, log out and start again ... this seems to work.

Another way to break the website seems to be to attempt to use that website and App at the same time. Again, being logged in on two devices seems to blow its mind.

me too. Cannot buy a new sim. Site goes round and round in very frustrating circles, asking me to login. Yes cleared cache etc. This site has been horrendous for a long time. And the menu options when you try and phone in, are also not fit for purpose. Gutted. wanted to rejoin EE, but will stay with Vodafone. Very sad to see EE in this state

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fao_steve 

I am sorry to hear this, did you try and order a pay monthly SIM Only contract or a pay as you go SIM? 

To speak to our sales team you can call 0800 956 6000 and select joining EE and one of our sales guides will be happy to help. 

Leanne. 

jazzscot
Contributor
Contributor

Lanner, you are somewhat missing the point! Maybe inadvertently or you are just doing your job.

The point is people are being put off either joining or staying with EE due to the inability of them being able to use and access the Web portal properly. Surely you and the tech department should be focusing on fixing this issue before trying to fob them off with have you tried this or have you tried this script over and over again.