cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Error on Website and App

devifenn
Investigator
Investigator

I get the following error message when trying to access certain areas of the website such as 'Shop':

Sorry, looks like a technical error
Please call us on <a href="tel:08009566000">0800 956 6000</a> and we’ll try to get things sorted.

It only occurs when I'm logged into my account but prevents me upgrading/adding new products. I've called ther number but there's no option for technical issues like this, no department I spoke to has been able to help.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to get it resolved?

30 REPLIES 30
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @devifenn,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did you speak to technical support? The team should be able to raise a ticket for this issue.

James

ADZ2991
Investigator
Investigator

Same for me. Everytime I try to see anything related to actually buying something and spending money with EE, (shop, broadband deals etc) I get this error. 

Been like it for months. I'm shocked EE hasn't done anything about it. Screenshot 2023-12-10 105603.png 

Thanks James, I would if I knew how to contact them.

The phone number provided doesn't give an option for Technical Support relating to Website/App. I attempted several of the call options but with no luck. I was able to get through someone to discuss upgrades who was lovely but they weren't able to fix the tech issue.

Currently only a broadband customer but the experience does make me hesitate on whether to switch my mobile network across to EE if it's so complicated to get in touch with customer service for the relevant issues.

Christopher_G

Hi @devifenn 

If you follow the options for mobile/broadband technical support, they should be able to look into it for you.

Chris

Did anyone ever get a resolution to this? I'm having the same problems. I've called a few times over the last couple of months, which has resulted in at least two tickets being raised and so far I've had no response at all from EE, despite being told someone would email and / or call me.

Christopher_G

Hi @Vertikoli 

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having these problems. I recommend speaking to our technical support team to see if there's an update on your ticket.

Chris

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Honestly I just gave up. No one was ever able to help despite speaking to multiple departments.

Ridiculous that I had to join an EE community group to attempt to resolve an issue in the first place
Leanne_T

Hi @devifenn 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

To get this looked into and a support ticket raised for your EE account showing this error message please call us again on 150 and select technical support. Our tech guides will run through some troubleshooting and let you know what is needed to get this sorted. 

Leanne.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
I attempted this multiple times, got nowhere and spent far too long on hold. I really don't want to go through all that again, I'll just live with it.

This has only resurfaced as someone else commented on my post as having the same issue so have now started getting notification emails. It really feels like EE are trying to replace customer service with customers. Imagine it must be equally frustrating for your team too!