Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE app is horrendous!

Riconline
Investigator
Investigator

Hi EE community,

I've been an EE customer for a while now and have used the app since the beginning although I'm finding it extremely painful and stressful to use at the moment. I can hardly understand where to go or how to proceed to make any changes. It keeps redirecting all over the place between the app and browser, asking me to login every second. I mean how many bloody times do you want me to login. I've used my biometrics, signed in manually using username and password, what else does the app need!?. 

Even when I do manage to get somewhere, I'm always met with "Unable to get that information" or "We can't do that right now". It's no point having an app if I can't get what I need from it. That being said the network itself is flawless and support have been great. The reason for my post was also because I'm trying to link one of my services to the app. I have a monthly 4g SIM which I took out for a month and will hopefully be extending to a more permanent monthly service although tying to link it to my existing number is proving to be a headache due to the app. 

Is there anyone who can help guide me please? I don't want to let something like this change my view of EE as I l'd like to continue being a customer and taking out other products and services with them. 

Awaiting any feedback,

Thanks,

Rico

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Riconline

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the app at this moment. 

Please could you confirm if you have the latest version of the app?

Speak soon

Katie

Hi Katie,

Yes I do. I'm unable to find a way to add another service or link another service to the app so I can monitor everything in one place. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks

Rico

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming @Riconline

Are you able to try logging in to your EE account online to link your number?

Katie

Customer1985
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This has been a issue with EE for over a year now. When I called the staff member was saying if he could fix it he would for himself first. Why EE is so happy to have such a crap app is beyond me. With every update to the app more seems to break. Always sorry can't load this page or on the EE website the page for telling you about your plan never loads. Things like the benefits page with vouchers you can buy that have not worked in well over a year always says more coming soon. If you don't have them anymore just remove the thing! full up crap that does not work and as for NEW EE... come on.. its just as broken as ever! I've been with EE over 10 years and love the customer service and they have been good to me over the years but who ever runs the app needs to be laid off as clearly they have no idea how to make a working app!!!!

Yes Katie,

I believe I managed just now after a lot of glitchy redirections and back and forth. It seems the process can only be done when logging in from a browser which defeats the purpose of the app to be honest given EE says you can stay in control via the app. In reality, it's all over the place. 

To add to that, I though this was an isolated incident but after reading Customer1985's post below, it seems its been an ongoing issue. I experienced difficulty topping up the other day and it was urgent, instead I spent 15 minutes faffing around trying to find the "add-ons" section to add some minutes. It's not clear where you need to go, and when you think you're onto something, you get redirected to the shop section of the app. It's like a maze quite honestly. 

Anyway thank you for your help Katie and I look forward to signing up to a couple of more services in the future however it won't be from the app that's for sure. Il call as the lady who helped me the last time was excellent. As for the team dedicated with creating/ maintaining the app, perhaps they should look at the development of the user Interface a bit better. 

Best,

Rico

Seems like it's not out of the ordinary Customer1985. I'm used to the usual troubleshooting steps, is the app updated, did you sign in from here or there but in this case I have to agree with you on this one, it's glitchy and most items on it don't have any use. 9/10 items result in "unable to get this for you" ,"we can't load this right now" or "Sorry not available" by way of example. 

As they say, less is more in most cases!.