Michael38
Investigator
Investigator

Is there still problems with the add-ons in the EE app

20 REPLIES 20
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Michael38 : Was there ever? What is your issue with add-ons? Please clearly explain your issue & circumstances in greater detail so we may be able to help you with it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
The problem was that was on my ee app and was trying to get into add-on's
but they were having a problem with it, because it just said something went
wrong try again, which I did and nothing happened just came up say
something went wrong try again.

What are your relevant circumstances? - Are you in UK or abroad? Are you on contract or PAYG? On what device is the app? Have your tried your online a/c? ...

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Michael38  - maybe something like this on the myEE web portal?

addonspurchaseerroraddonspurchaseerror

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In the EE app the dashboard for addon displays the text "Something went wrong - please try again"

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You use to be able to see the various add-ons; 1 day, 7 day, 30 day, data, extra minutes and texts, international add-ons. Only noticed this recently, a few days ago, while navigating around the EE app to see what has been updated/changed in the app.

I'm in the UK and PAYG. Samsung galaxy A05s. What's online a/c
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Michael38 

Could you try these two things please, to see if you can access those add-ons.

1. Delete and redownload your EE App

2. Log into your EE Online account 

Chris

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Christopher_G  - It seems to be broken in both places at the same time and occurred when the latest version of the app was updated, myEE app 5.35 (Android).

(I make use of a legacy PAYG pack, not sure if this makes a difference, Also, I recall another poster on another thread mentioned they were having similar issues with this but on a legacy Flex plan.)

Have tried both 1 and 2.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the new subscription packs (capped at 25Mbps) to test if the add-ons are unavailable too.

Will wait this out.