cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are EE so expensive now ?

Wilkesy91
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Been with EE for my last 3 phones(6 years), upgraded either directly with ee or through a third party website as new customer.

Their network don’t seem to be on any comparison deal sites or third party sale sites any more. Went on to ee shop to upgrade but it seems extortionate now. Even tried new customer and couldn’t believe how much the new iPhone 13 mini is monthly.

EE are selling the iPhone 13 mini at £61 a month and that’s minimum data (2gb). Through third party websites you can get the iPhone 13 mini with pretty much every other company starting from £30 with 100gb data. So obviously I’ll be leaving but why aren’t they competing to get customers, it’s double the money. Nobody on live chat wanted to help either. What’s happened with EE, why are they driving customers away old and new? 

41 REPLIES 41
davdaz
Investigator
Investigator

Been with EE for 10 years. Tried to upgrade through the website and get a 404 page unavailable error. So I called 150 as so many suggest. 20 minutes and still on hold. If this is the customer service that people talk about being double the cost of other providers then I'm afraid I'm leaving. I have 3 contracts with EE and I'm sure Vodafone will be happy to take them on. Very disappointed with EE but that's a benefit of a free-market - at least I get to choose who values my custom.

StuMac1972
Explorer

I will be leaving when my contract runs out in December,  their upgrade prices are extortionate in comparison to O2 and 3. 

Derren2502
Contributor
Contributor

There was me thinking I’m the only one lol, upgrade prices are ludicrous and as far as trying to cancel goes, well that is a mission I’m still on. 45 mins on hold and as soon as I mention cancellation I got cut off lol, live chat just as useless, so I too will be leaving after 9 years 

Also as far as being superior to other networks goes, I find it very hard to believe, it was at one point the best network but no longer.

bazza12
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same here last month I paid 190 upfront fee for the Apple Watch ultra only to find out a month later it is now 30 how can ee justify. If I had known that I would have waited a month. When I done the upgrade I was told this upfront cost wouldn’t change so dissatisfied.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Consumer prices do change constantly, which doesn't just go for mobile phones. You can just choose the best deal for your circumstances at the time of making a purchase.

I agree. EE seems to have become uncompetitive and are no more reliable than Vodaphone in my area but approximately twice the price. The standard - and complacent - answer is ring 150 and play the haggling game. Like most people I just want calls, texts and modest amount of data. When my contract is done, I’m off (and I’ve been with EE since the Orange days of 1999)

StuMac1972
Explorer

Just off the phone and offering me a Samsung S22+ at £55 pm , 3 mobile are offering exact same deal for £35.

Who in their right mind would stay with EE at those prices.

@bazza12  you’re also forgetting to say that tariff price is also more now and you’re also forgetting that you’ve jumped onto this as soon as the watch came available for pre-order. Always expect to pay a premium upfront cost when you order like that.   And the cost difference between what you got and what you can get now for no upfront cost is just over £50 more with the tariff you got.   And you got this because you wanted it ASAP and couldn’t wait for a few months.   I also believe you get more data with your tariff than what’s offered with no upfront cost now. 

You did work all that out before you made your comment?  

Rip off ..   😪