cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made an international call in error

bellabcz
Explorer

Hello

i just realised I made an international call in error. I intended to make a whatsapp call and it was only when I finished the call that I realised it had gone direct via EE’s network. The call lasted 31 minutes. Is there a way EE can cancel this charge on compassionate grounds? I was calling a friend whose child recently passed away. 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You'll have to ask CS but why should they?

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for your reply. It was a genuine mistake. There was no warning to say I was dialling an international call. I genuinely thought I was dialling via whatsapp which is completely free. The bill for this call alone is likely to be over £100. I will give CS a call and see what they say. 

@bellabcz wrote:

Thank you for your reply. It was a genuine mistake. There was no warning to say I was dialling an international call. I genuinely thought I was dialling via whatsapp which is completely free. The bill for this call alone is likely to be over £100. I will give CS a call and see what they say. 

Np

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Luppy9090 : Why isn't it a problem for OP?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Why would it warn you that it's a international call?

You are in control of your phone and if you diso an international call then that's on you.

Is your friend on a UK number or is it a international number?

EE are under no obligation to waive the call fee as you made it.

If they do for you people will make calls all the time and then call to say it was a mistske and expect EE to waive the fee.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below