cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are EE so expensive now ?

Wilkesy91
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Been with EE for my last 3 phones(6 years), upgraded either directly with ee or through a third party website as new customer.

Their network don’t seem to be on any comparison deal sites or third party sale sites any more. Went on to ee shop to upgrade but it seems extortionate now. Even tried new customer and couldn’t believe how much the new iPhone 13 mini is monthly.

EE are selling the iPhone 13 mini at £61 a month and that’s minimum data (2gb). Through third party websites you can get the iPhone 13 mini with pretty much every other company starting from £30 with 100gb data. So obviously I’ll be leaving but why aren’t they competing to get customers, it’s double the money. Nobody on live chat wanted to help either. What’s happened with EE, why are they driving customers away old and new? 

41 REPLIES 41
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Wilkesy91 , firstly EE do not say they are the cheapest, but secondly have you worked out contracts from other networks are three years whereas EE contracts are two years, that is why it appears more expensive too. Also you may want to check what you get from another company in comparison to EE. With the IPhone from EE you get visual voicemail, where others do not offer it, for instance. I would also make sure that where you are most likely to use the phone, you will get a good signal.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Wilkesy91
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeh, vodephone/o2/three are all 24 months.

seen sky but don’t fancy doing the 36 month thing 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wilkesy91

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you would like to discuss your options and see what is available for you, please give us a call on 150. Our customer care team will be happy to help.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

I'd just add that EE have never claimed to be a price-driven operator, but they do pride themselves on network quality and this is regularly reflected in benchmarking surveys.

That does mean that other operators will often give you a cheaper deal. Call into EE C/S and you may get an account-specific offer that suits you.

Profile closed
Not applicable

EE are expensive, but worth the premium if you want the best overall experience.

O2 speeds are disappointing compared to EE.

Three has subpar coverage. 5G is supposed to be decent though.

Vodafone is good, but is just as expensive. Plans appear cheaper until you realise they cap speeds unless you pay more for a 'Max' plan.

Most other network that operate on one of the four major networks miss out on features like eSim, WiFi calling and Visual Voicemail. I'm aware there are minor networks that do offer these features, but not all three.

I think I’ll just leave. EE doesn’t seem to make any effort to offer something for everyone. EE prices are double the cost of every other provider from what I can see, shopping around just now. I use a tiny amount of Data on my phone but you don’t seem to offer packages that reflect that. I have to pay an extortionate amount for little Data and a similar price for huge amounts of data, with very little reflection on cost. It’s not very tailored to the customer at all. If I could choose between an iPhone 13 Mini for £26 a month on O2 in comparison to what EE offers (around the £50-£70 mark, guess where I’ll be going in the middle of a financial crisis). 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sebbie77

If you would like to discuss your options please give us a call on 150. The team will see what is available for you. 

Leanne.

@Sebbie77 , you also need to look how long other networks expect you to pay for the phone, as EE have a 24 month contract, also how contracts are set up with different networks, but worth ringing customer service to see what they can offer.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
jaytee1212
Visitor

Looking for a new contract now, also been with EE for years, since they were Orange! I can't believe how expensive their 'best offers' are now, at least double what the competition offer, I will sadly be leaving EE as I just can't justify paying 100% for a comparable service, EE doesn't blow anyone else out the water.