cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront cost of phone taken but credit check declined

Jamesalexander
Explorer

I applied for a pay monthly contract yesterday and paid the upfront cost for the phone of £30 however the credit check was declined and there is nothing to suggest anywhere that I will be refunded or when.

My credit report is actually good (on Experian) so I assumed I had inputted some details incorrectly and then tried a second time and was once again rejected, no idea why.

I am now £60 out of pocket with nothing to show for it except mild confusion, does anyone know if I’m getting my money back?

26 REPLIES 26
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jamesalexander

Welcome to the community.

If the order has been rejected, the up-front fee will be returned to you. If you would like to check the status of the order or refund, I'd recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team.

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Please can you advise me exactly who and where I need to go?

Everywhere I have looked so far and every number I have called have asked me for an EE number which I do not have so I cannot proceed.

What kind of company charges people and then rejects the credit check? It is absurd and I am out of pocket £60 and have had ZERO communication regarding my money?

Christopher_G

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you, @Jamesalexander.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris

Try calling CS on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2 > option 4) . That won't ask for an EE mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Annoyedjrurjev
Explorer

Same thing happened to me not sure what kind of trash network runs this way as other companies do not do this

James_B

Hi @Annoyedjrurjev,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is the transaction showing as pending on your bank statement?

James

Yes, already contacted the bank, they said EE have not released the funds

Hi @Annoyedjrurjev

Welcome to the community.

If your order hasn't been accepted then any money will be refunded as soon as possible. Our Mobile Care team will be able to help with this further. You can find contact information on the get in touch help page.

Thanks

Chris 

N0tjeyy
Visitor

Same thing happened to me last Monday, no refund yet and I’m starting to think I won’t get one £50 out my bank, don’t have an ee number so can’t contact anyone, anyone who can help WOILD be very appreciated