cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploitative Contract and Harassment at EE Store in Skipton

EddieAllen
Visitor

I am writing with concern and frustration regarding the recent experience my vulnerable sister had at the EE store in Skipton. This incident not only highlights a disregard for EE's commitment to treating vulnerable customers fairly but also raises serious questions about the integrity of the sales practices employed at this specific location.

My sister, who has autism, learning difficulties, and is currently experiencing a mental health crisis, visited the Skipton store seeking assistance. Regrettably, instead of receiving support and respect promised in EE's policy on customer vulnerability, she says she felt "harassed" by a sales representative.

Visiting the store to request a downgrade on her existing contract and handset as she was already paying over the odds, the sales agent relentlessly pressed her into purchasing a watch she did not need alongside a £50 a month contract with an excessivley large (and unnecessary) usage limit, continuously insisting that she "needed" it despite her protests. This aggressive behavior is not only unacceptable but goes against the principles of fair treatment and respect outlined in EE's policy.

Furthermore, despite two in-person visits to the store and promises of a call from an area manager, my sister has yet to receive the assistance she was assured. The staff in the store have continued to display a complete laack of empathy or morals when dealing with follow up calls from my sister, supported by my elderly mother. This lack of follow-through not only compounds the distressing experience she endured but also reflects poorly on EE's commitment to addressing customer concerns and rectifying issues promptly.

I urge the EE community to share any advice or experiences dealing with similar situations. Additionally, I implore EE to thoroughly investigate the sales practices at the Skipton store, and please provide my sister with a contract that aligns with her needs - surely the agents have access to historic data usage they can base these things off? 

As the store won't address her or my mother properly and I am miles away, I'm using the online channels to hold EE accountable for its commitment to treating vulnerable customers with the utmost care and respect.

Thank you for your attention.

1 REPLY 1
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @EddieAllen

Welcome to the community. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your sisters experience when visiting the EE Skipton Store and I would like to have this looked into as soon as possible.

When you have a moment please take a look at your community inbox.

Speak soon, 

Katie