cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract

bangelika10
Explorer

I just spoke with EE my contract finished 2 months ago and they still charging me . The lady she said I have to call up EE to cancel my contract and 30 days notice period ?! So why EE not send me reminder 14 days before my contract ends . Like this they overcharging people ?! For that now they have trouble . Why I not get  reminder before my contract ended . Is that fair EE 

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @bangelika10 

Your contract doesn't end just your minimum contract term. You either upgrade or call EE and give 30 days notice. 

https://ee.co.uk/help/profile/leaving-ee/end-of-my-plan

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Yes I did , but why they not contact me 14 days before my contract  term ?! Of course for that because they want make money from people .

@bangelika10  I didn’t know EE had to inform you of when your contract is almost up.   After all this is displayed within your EE account.  Nothing stopping you from adding this to your calendar also.    You’re trying to shift the blame on to EE when the relevant information is shown within your EE account. 

@Chris_B : Read End of Contract Notification . This is an Ofcom requirement

END OF CONTRACT NOTIFICATION AND OUT OF CONTRACT DISCOUNT

When will I get an end of contract notification?
We’ll send you a reminder at least 14 days before your contract ends.

We’ll also tell you what offers, deals and tariffs are available, which are based on your data usage and current price plan.

If you’re an EE mobile customer we’ll notify you by text, we may write to you in limited cases.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX   And is SMS and or emails enabled within the account settings to receive this notification ?    That’s down to the end user to enable or have these been disabled by opting out of notifications?     

@Chris_B : Why shouldn't they be? Unlikely supposition & just grasping for straws. 

Can't you just accept the facts & admit you were wrong instead of kicking against all the evidence every time?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX   Ok prove the message wasn’t just deleted and not read.        If sent this would have been over 2 months ago according to the OP.  

I’m  not going to rely on a message to inform me when my contract is all most up.   Its on the account to read.  It’s been entered in to my calendar.    I take responsibility for my contract and it’s term time.    But others take no accountability for information already provided.