cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Price hike Robbery

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So just got my latest letter from EE stating that my account will increase by a whopping £3.19 pm in line with inflation. This is absolutely disgusting as my own earnings don't even go up that much! They say it's based on CPI but any responsible company that wants to retain the loyalty of their customer base would waive this. So unlike me who they have over a barrel, if you are near the end of your contract then show how disgusted you are with these robbery merchants by walking away immediately. They are an absolute disgrace in times of a recession!!!! 

33 REPLIES 33
Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes I am fully aware of this

Now you're just nit-picking! eSIMs are not a 'service' per se, and unless you have an iPhone and want a second line, most don't care about them. I was referring to features such as call divert, call waiting, Wi-Fi calling, VoLTE etc. Smartwatches require additional plans, additional contracts. But OK, you can have that one! Oh, and no, I'm not an iD Mobile customer. Anyway, getting back on to the topic at hand... NO, not all networks increase their customers bills every April. 

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Surely they don't need to increase their prices annually anyway as making a
ton of money on customers already? Unlike these companies, I don't get a
pay rise so not happy and stuck in a contract until I can leave

If you don't get a yearly pay rise I think you need to find a company to work for that actually values their employees.

I get a pay rise every January

I get profit share every march.

I'm sure EE gives out pay rises every year so this is an increase cost for EE. They also have raising costs in other areas of their business so yes they need to increase their plans.

I don't agree with the added 3.9% though. In my eyes it should be just the CPI rate.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@WelshPaul    It’s not just iPhones that can use an eSim.  It’s now basically all phones sold.        As for nit picking is that your way of saying sorry your right not all services “are” provided.    The network has to support such a service to offer such a service so yes it’s a service provided.   esim enabling has to be supported to be offered.            Again a service is a supported item and smartwatch support needs to be supported to offer that service.  

You can not even have a standard alone cellular watch on contract it has to be on an account with a device that links to that watch so yes it’s a service provided.    

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
You are obviously in a good job and very one of the lucky few in this
economic crisis.

Getting another job is the answer but not that easy and as fortunate as you

Dude, what are you talking about? I am well aware that most (not all) phones sold today have eSIM capabilities. That doesn’t mean we all need one! I have worked in the telecom's industry since 2004. I have an eSIM and a physical SIM. If you want to get technical, the Motorola Razr (2020) was the first device to support eSIM only and could only be used by a network that offered eSIMs at the time. I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned EE TV yet! Anyway, I’m too old to be playing mine is bigger than yours! 😂

Back to the topic of hand… pay monthly phone prices, again, not all networks increase their prices every April. 👌🏻

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Okay ty

No they don't. Sky mobile don't for example and neither did 02 when I was with them! Do more research before assuming Martin Lewis is correct!

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Who is Martin Lewis??