cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering switching to PAYG cos of this price hike is it possible?

Waughtimmer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello.

I am very upset I am getting a just short of 5 pounds a MONTH price hike on just over £30 . My contract is less than a year old and I am on a 2 year contract yet am firmly of the opinion such a large rise should be justifiably opposable, length of contract irrelevant.

Afaic the Internet is an unnecessary drain on my funds, which ive been complacently allowing  and I will be better off saying you've had your lump of raw flesh from me allready, and think I will live a cheaper life off of it. I'm not happy with this price hike from EE and am wondering is it possible to switch to PAYG, EE can get its money instead from Amazon, Microsoft, Sony, Electronic Arts, Blackrock, or infact other EE customers who are happy with the price rise instead of me.

Sorry if I seem a little upset it's not aimed at you. I am fed up of all this *******. I'm on less than 12k a year. There are some really, really fat cats in Britain and they are the cause of all this and are doing NOTHING to protect this country and its actually their duty/responsibility to. Giving EE, whomever etc etc ability to do all this and seemingly without guilt. [You are not friends with the ministers/civil servants who decided to give us money boost on our energy are you EE Heads [dont answer that, makes no difference] instead of blocking and turning around inflation; well I'm only one person but I want to do this as my own personal 20% bank interest rate for the country instead of fuel and ignore inflation. [So would it be possible switching to payg unless they change their mind 100% cos this rise is ridiculous]. Please don't advise me to ring a number,I've just ended a livechat convo abruptly because of operator when asked do they have livechat, him saying no, my saying well so are you outside, them inside or vice versa, him saying I don't know what you mean!!..{I would like to handle this written instead of audio, less steam out of ears or returned false sequee [whatever the word is] can be felt/seen or even less you get what no-one else does, lucky you, poor everyone else}.  

10 REPLIES 10
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Waughtimmer 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

How long do you have left of your contract?

Do you have any add-ons that could come off to save money monthly?

Jon

@Waughtimmer  Unfortunately it’s in the T&Cs of the contract you agreed too.  
 You would have also been told about a yearly price increase when you took out the contract.  You also have to agree to that before you are even allowed to have a contract.  You might say I don’t remember being told and from what you’ve put above you probably will but unfortunately not remembering isn’t the same as not being told.   Ofcom rules state you have to be told before agreeing to a contract and it’s now part of the T&Cs that you are told when agreeing to a contract.    

It’s not just EE who do yearly prices increase its all networks and some networks are increasing their costs more than the 14.4% that EE are applying 

Waughtimmer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello.

Thankyou for your replies. 

I find it unacceptable.

FULL STOP. UNACCEPTABLE.

I agreed to pay £31 a month not £35-50 EVERY MONTH. 

I have emailed EE on their complaints email found on their website when you go to the complaints webform which is Fill out our complaints form (ee.co.uk)

They have not replied yet and theyve had a day.  I've asked if its correct  by law I can cancel if I inform them after a price hike. See proof found online, the screenshot below and its source.

I have just been harassed playing a game ONLINE today, AFTER POSTING THAT ORIGINAL SO YES this fact, ITS IRRELEVANT TO A CERTAIN EXTENT and I've had ALL I can take from this s####y Internet, hacked y gaming companies themselves servers and elsewhere service blockage. Game to game I go in to help others, they don't me and they wait until I die then go in. Its deliberate whats occurring. Not EE you are right, It's the Internet and its runners and those who sign up to earn from it and their friends. Those whom hurt others from a hidden vantage point.

What is relevant though is that I said to EE on that email  I can't watch a single thing over 50 minutes length online without ending buffering[Not resume buffering], it either stays circle or reboots programme to start-thats my tangtv box[250 pounds of junk], and seperately my tv's BBC iplayer and ITVX. I swear that's a fact and it's been that way since initially my tangtv started playing up approx a month ago and I spoke out whether its tanftv in anyway or the service provider solely, I have no idea, this world is so fricking money grab, harass corrupted.

This £4-50 rise caps it fricking ALL. I AM NOT GOING TO PAY £35-50 for a JUNK SERVICE WHEN IVE BEEN PAYING £31-00 FOR THE SAME JUNK SERVICE.

I HAVE HAD NO REPLY YET. 

YOU DO NOT REPLY EE, YOU HAVE 72 HOURS [Working days] TO REPLY FROM NOW[that's what deliveroo gives when people **bleep** in your orange juice and want more information when they are the slow repliers[72 hours]]. If you DO NOT REPLY, AND THIS IS THE EE COMMUNITY, THEY SHOULD BE READING THIS, under the Sales of Goods Act, Services  which are provided and price paid  must be reasonable, I WILL BE CANCELLING MY DIRECT DEBIT AND CANCELLING THE CONTRACT. I did not sign up for £35-50 a month, this government is NOT adequately curbing inflation and afaic the energy company junk they have brought in proves that, your gripe EE is with the government NOT ME, you have no right to rip me off afaic [but you allready know that] and where will that money go, youve decided to help inflation too right...just how many workers work for EE vs how many people are there in Britain. I have asked Ofcom if its true I can cancel, asked them on twitter, they haven't replied, you can hold them ACCOUNTABLE, they have an obligation to reply and haven't. You have LOST NOTHING EE that you won't have NOT SUPPLIED, that's why you can whistle the foreign approximation word COLOR, spelt like that if you expect payment of ALL CONTRACT FOR WHAT YOU WONT BE SUPPLYING.

I am giving you ample time to reply. You have until cop Wednesday. This is YOUR IN WRITING. Feel free to reply anybody, you are a witness. Today's date Friday 17th March 2023, time 2009 as i write this. I believe you require 1 months notice. This IS YOUR ONE MONTHS NOTICE of intent, I-N-T-E-N-T. SUCH THAT YOU DO NOT REPLY  I WILL BE CANCELLING MY DIRECT DEBIT NEXT FEW DAYS AS I DONT TRUST YOU AND I THINK YOU TOOK MONEY IN ADVANCE[though not 100%] thats if you do not answer. [You can give me sort code and account if there's an extra month required].  I wanted to either switch to PAYG or be going in a reasonably friendly organised manner that's why I wish to await a reply but I'm better off away from this cashgrab Internet.

THANKYOU.

Paying for airtime [aka thin air aka data] that's all my contract is, and when I own the phone,  phone i brought to the service, and simcards ive HAD TO PAY FOR FROM YOU, don't be a fricking **bleep** on this or I SWEAR you will regret it more than I allready think you do OR WILL, as I believe you are in on what's happening to the country and should later pay for taking the Britishness away from Britain.

Any British people want to call me on that last paragraph, shame the world knows what I mean and a minor proportion of the British populace who want to pretend theyre a major proportion don't. And OTHERS, reply with answer, not boredom, ive had enough of that answer, it should get you banned for life ANYWHERE. To the nice, honest people of Great Britain who didn't ask for this world or this to happen to this country, I apologise for the harshness in content here.

20230316_134441.jpg

Oops I'm sorry no notice required looking at what cab says "You have the legal right to cancel within those 30 days without paying a fee" so I amend that to NO REPLY I WILL BE CANCELLING FULL STOP and i may even with reply be cancelling ANYWAY . This is EE website, you are the company afaic. But I WILL BACK IT UP BY SENDING ON THAT EMAIL TOO. [Ref: "Contact the company and say you are cancelling within the allowed 30 days' notice of a price increase"]

Now continue reading to the bottom for the exceptions where you can't cancel w/out a fee. This annual price change is contractual under T&C's you agreed you had read & accepted. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Waughtimmer 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

You can find information on complaints in our Complaints code of practice, Help page. The Customer Services Team will be working towards contacting you as soon as possible after receiving your complaint.

Any customer who is worried about paying their bills should contact us, and we’ll find a solution that works for them.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

I saw no mention of £4-50 price hike in contract but thats irrelevant, its called air versus metal[metaphor not music related and amount air is acceptable with extenuating factors where conspiracy can certainly be applied aswell as inaction]. Likewise I see no asterix in the screenshot which I posted. That means there seems to be a discrepancy. I quote "Your provider has to give you 30 days notice if they are putting up the price of your contract " I SEVERELY ASK YOU TO CONSIDER WHY THEY ARE REQUIRED TO DO THAT SIR.  " You have the legal right to cancel the contract within those 30 days without having to pay a fee." That is immediately after that first sentence.  NO ASTERIX, NO LOOK ELSEWHERE, NOT MY FAULT. I paraphrase from that second sentence "WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY A FEE",  i severely wonder if you wanted to spin it onto penalty fees whole or part, as opposed to right to cancel and not be extorted which wouldnt involve a penalty fee anyway. And either what you said is incorrect or there's a discrepancy. based on what it says and no asterix. Note please I've only selected reply to you as opposed to put it under the main replies area.

Thanks Leanne_T, not sure if you read what I've put but I am currently awaiting a reply from the EE Complaints Department via email but thanks [and yes i checked the inbox on reading what you just put]. It has content to which they can specifically reply and they have this thread too. It's not hidden and EE are committing a serious infraction if they don't have people reading  something that represents and involves them by name..so they can read main content too here. As I've said it's here for them to read. It appears more instant than email, certainly gets more replies and apparent notice.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Waughtimmer 

The complaints team will get back to you as soon as possible once they have looked into the query, the contact details you have provided when you submitted the complaint will be used to get in touch, not the EE Community.

Thanks. 

Leanne.