Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

Bluey47
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Trying to sort this out for my mum who isn't great with technology.

She was on a monthly rolling monthly contract with EE but due to needing a health-based app, needed more GB so signed up for a 12 month 35GB contract with EE without getting me to check it.

This isn't suitable for her so I suggested cancelling it and moving to a different provider. Customer services told her it would be £200 to cancel even though it is during cooling off period (contracted started 2 days ago).

They agreed to revert to the previous contract (calling the new one an uograde) but still insisted it is £200 to cancel completely.

Is this correct? Or would it be either cooling off period to cancel the new 12 month contract or simply end the previous monthly contract?

Any advice greatly received.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bluey47  how was this actually taken out? If it was in store there is no calling off period. There is only a cooling off period with online or phone sales as per the law on distance selling. 

Thanks for replying.

Sorry, should have put in original post. It was online.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I would wait till they have rolled back the upgrade and the account shows the original end dates and then ask again.

That makes sense

This is the mum of Bluey47, Thanks to my son, all  is sorted and I have no leaving  bill to pay at all. I still don't know how he did it. Thankyou 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know this all sorted, I am very happy to hear this @Bluey47 

Have a lovely weekend. 

Leanne 🙂