Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Brightbox

You may have heard in the News that TalkTalk has recently had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Brightbox router in case a similar attack is made agai...

XRaySpeX by EE Community Star
  • 2 replies
  • 22 Helpful

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

• 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Broadband not connected

Broadband was supposed to be connected and switched over today. Engineer came but couldn't complete it because the cherry picker was unavailable. Engineer was going to get back to me with a day and time to complete the job, no reply. Spoke to an EE c...

EE Smart Router wifi speeds

Hi Can anyone tell me if you can get gigabit wifi speeds with the EE Smart Router?  I recently upgraded to the EE 900 package, which has been an incredible step up from my sub 2 MB/S copper line! However, when using wifi I can't get speeds over 550 M...

STEPHAM10 by Established Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Helpful

My router just Flashes Blue

HI I have been with EE not even 24hrs yet and had more problems then internet after being on the phone to the helpful staff we got it all working until the next morning my router is just flashing blue and have No internet again.Have the ee smart Wifi...

My broadband

I would like to upgradeFibre Plus Broadband with landlineAverage download speed 67Mb/s £30.59 per month• Landline• Landline with PAYG Calls• 24 month contractBut I hope that the Internet will not be disconnected during upgrade?Thanks

valdisz by Investigator
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Landline suddenly stopped working

Hi, as of yesterday 30th March, our landline stopped working. Our EE hub/internet is fine but our landline phone is Completely dead, No dial tone, not even when it is the only thing connected in to the ‘test’ socket. Also borrowed a friend’s phone an...

Mishy44 by Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Helpful

Resolved! New contract

Hi there, I have just started a new contract with ee broadband, I was previously paying £51 pound out of contract not realising that I could upgrade and actually pay less!Can you please tell me when I will start paying the new cost of £34.23 per mont...

Internet drop-out

We recently had very frequent drop outs of our internet so contacted EE, they did the following:Found a problem on the line which an engineer has supposedly fixedSent a brand new more up to date router. Drop outs had gone for a few days up until just...

Boring25 by Contributor
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Helpful

WiFi cameras 2.4ghz

Hi, I have EE broadband on dual 2.4ghz and 5ghz. My WiFi cameras only work with 2.4ghz and won't connect. Firstly can I disable 5ghz while I connect them all?  and if then I restore the 5ghz will they stop working or can't connect again. If it's poss...

TeeBee66 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 Helpful