Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't ipv6 work with my Xbox but does on other devices

Hannahlou33
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Turning starless off then rebooted router seem to solved the problem thank you for helping much appreciated 👍

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

I've had same problem ive opened the port and got a open NAT but still no ipv6 even though it says my Xbox is connected to ipv6 in the hub settings

How did you sort this

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hannahlou33 : Is this about fixed Home BB or mobile BB? The other posts you made were to a thread about a mobile router. This forum is for fixed Home BB.

Which EE BB product do you have? Which router?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Home BB

Hannahlou33
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i looked at ipv6 checker on-line and don't get it on any device 

How long have you had your current EE BB? Which plan? Which router?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Got it installed last week it the 1.6 gig with smart hub plus 

Hannahlou33
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Show don't you get ipv6 when it says you do

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@Hannahlou33 - What model Xbox are you using and how is it connected to the hub? Directly, or are there any other network devices in its path e.g. switches, Wi-Fi extenders or Powerline adapters?

I think you've already answered this, but I'll ask nonetheless: do you have a modern smartphone or laptop that you can try browsing to this IPv6 test site from? If so, what is it telling you?

If you log into the Hub Manager at http://192.168.1.254 what information can be seen under Advanced Settings > IPv6?

Edit: one last thought - when was the hub last rebooted/powercycled?