cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Charged after contract cancellation compensation

Hobknob99
Visitor

Hi,

I cancelled my broadband contract and transfered to BT.

5 months later I am still being charged monthly for the service which is supposed to be cancelled.

After 5 phone calls to EE I still have not received back £189.64 that I am owed.

Surly am eligible for compensation for the poor service I have experienced?

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Ironic you are still paying the same company as BT is EE etc.

That being said yea personally I'd fight for compensation but that won't happen here. We are just customers like yourself and the staff on here don't have account access.

Personally I would contact the CEO just google it they have to be published but I can't post it here myself as it'll get edited out.

When BT signed me up for a second broadband line without my knowledge and authoriation back in 2014 they took £200odd off me and I ended up getting that paid back into my account the same day I asked for it as I would not accept it can take 3 - 5 days due to my bank. They did a bank transfer for me. I said it''s either do that or I charge interest on the months you have taken to sort this out. They quickly decided to pay immediately when I mentioned i would take this to a small claims court as they knew they would have to pay up to 8% extra in interest.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below