cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go to find my router settings, please?

Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've just received an EE smartrouter yesterday afternoon, and have set it up okay, but I need to update some of the settings for Wi-Fi and security, etc. Can anyone tell me how I can go about finding this elusive "My Router" settings/control page? I've already tried the ee.co.uk/smartrouter link, but it just took me into a type of comments section. Many thanks, Pat.

33 REPLIES 33
Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello again, Mustrum.
Just to let you know that I've successfully connected my indoor camera, after disabling the 5GHz.

One more question, if I may, and then I'll hopefully leave all of you alone (at least for a while, anyway).....
Is it okay for me to re-enable the 5GHz now, or might that have a bad effect on the set-up of my now working camera?
Just a simple yes/no would be fine, but I'm hoping that I can reset it. If not, c'est la vie.

Thanks again for all your help, and for explaining everything in simple terms to an ignoramus like myself.
Take care, Pat.😉

@Patricia55  that is good news, glad you got the camera working.

I can't say yes for sure, but you should be able to turn the 5Ghz band back on and the camera should still work. You will have to remember to switch off the 5Ghz band if it loses the connection in the future.

The 5Ghz band allows faster speeds, but over a shorter distance. If you live in a congested area it is often less busy - where I am I can see a couple of dozen 2.4 routers, but only 4 or 5 broadcasting at 5Ghz.

Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for getting back so quickly.
I've just gone into the wireless settings to re-enable the 5GHz, but felt very put off by this message.....

After changing the configuration settings, devices connected to your EE Smart Router may lose connection.
For devices connected via wireless you may lose access to the EE Router Manager pages and you will need to reconnect each device using the instructions provided with your devices.

I'm pretty sure that's the same message I got before I disabled it this morning, but I think I'll leave it as it is for now (unless it slows everything down even more than this router already has, then go and enable it again), as I don't fancy going through all that again. As you know, I've got no idea whether 5GHz is of any advantage to me at this point, anyway, so I guess I'll just have to stick with the trial&error basis for now, plus crossed fingers.

Thanks again, Mustrum, and take care. Pat

@Patricia55    I guess the old if it isn't broke don't try and fix it applies!

If every things is working for you or you don't have any speed issues on Wi-Fi then just leave it as it is.

I tried to give some examples of using the 5Ghz band in my last reply, but of course don't know what you have connected or if anything applies in your case.