cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go to find my router settings, please?

Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've just received an EE smartrouter yesterday afternoon, and have set it up okay, but I need to update some of the settings for Wi-Fi and security, etc. Can anyone tell me how I can go about finding this elusive "My Router" settings/control page? I've already tried the ee.co.uk/smartrouter link, but it just took me into a type of comments section. Many thanks, Pat.

33 REPLIES 33
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Patricia55   you could have a look on the Help Page here https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband/getting-started/set-up-guide   that should get you started.

But you can always come back and ask questions if that does not get you sorted.

HTH

Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Many thanks, Mustrum. I've just opening that link and will have a look at it.

Having been a TalkTalk user for the last ten years, I've always been able to access my router controls/settings directly, so I'm hoping I can do the same here, as it really needs a little bit of checking out and polishing up. I'll go an check this out now, thank you.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Login to your EE Smart Router at http://192.168.1.254 with the admin password on the bottom of the slider label on the back of the router.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It won't tell you much you haven't already done as you've already set up the connections OK.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I'll try that instead, as "SET UP MY HOME BROADBAND EE ROUTER" page is only showing what I've already done to set it up last night. Yes, I already made a note of the password. Also, I don't use Apple or Android for this, as I'm on my home PC, which is what I always use. What surprises me about the link you gave me is that it's an HTTP one and not an HTTPS one. Isn't that somewhat out of date now? I thought HTTPS was a lot more secure than HTTP, but I'm far from being anywhere near a geek, anyway. Thanks again.

Well, it's on your own local network, not on the public Net. So safe enough.

As you're well used to navigating a TT router from a PC, you should have no trouble finding what you want here after the login, but if you need further help just yell.

Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well, I wouldn't know whether that's the case or not, when it comes to online safety. I'm self-taught since starting to use the internet in January 2013, but the TalkTalk SuperRouter made it easy for me to control and update any settings on it that I needed to. Right now, I just want to add some Wi-Fi devices, like my HP printer and a new indoor IP camera which I only set up last week (now, it's not working since I installed the EE router last night). Oh well, it's all in the learning process, I suppose. Thanks, Pat.

Patricia55
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've just typed in that link and got the message.....

The connection to 192.168.1.254 is not secure

You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS.

I guess I'll just have to take a risk.

You should not need to login to the router just to connect WiFi devices. Just connect them to the router's SSID. In the case of the printer you should be able to use WPS.