Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy an EE Smart Hub Plus SH31B

cadugd
Investigator
Investigator

Hey

im currently on a BT contract and have a smart hub 2. I’d love to start using EE Smart Hub Plus SH31B. Is it possible to buy one stand alone anywhere?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@cadugd  You’ll not gain anything from using the EE hub if you do acquire one for that you’ll need a EE BB service.   EE only provided these if your under a EE BB package that give you this.  You’re still be limited to the BT BB service you pay for. 

Hey - thanks for the response. I get it will still be the BT BB service. 

it’s just that the software/features of the BT smart hub 2 are very limited and suck. 

was hoping the EE smart hub plus would have more features, better software etc. thats what I’m after.  Maybe a bridge mode/modem only?

I have a tplink Omada vpn router, controller and access points etc which I was hoping to install downstream of it. 

Also - do you know if the ee smart hub plus works with the EE hybrid connect (provided by BT) service/hardware? I’ve read some conflicting articles. 

The EE SH+ is probably not much better than the BT SH2 & much of it is only configerable from the MyEE app which you will not have access to. It does not support bridge mode/modem only.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for the info and reply.  Very helpful and I won’t bother with the sh+

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
liamgc1993
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there @cadugd , I see you have a BT Smart Hub 2.

Can you please tell me whether or not the SH2 lets you edit the DNS settings? If so would you be able to provide screenshots please?

I am unimpressed with the EE Smart Hub Plus and am considering getting a BT Smart Hub 2.

---------------
I use:
* EE Mobile (2021 - present)
* EE Full Fibre 500 with Smart Hub Plus (2024 - present)
* Digital Home Phone service with two corded handsets via router and BT Digital Voice WPS/DECT adapter (2024 - present)