Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from BT FTTP to EE FTTP - My Experience

iceman10
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Following a EE phone upgrade the sales person advised I could now transfer onto the new EE wifi 6 router and following a check confirmed could increase my 1 Gig connection to 1.6 Gig for an additional £1 per month. No brainer I thought.

With the layout of my house I needed 2 x wifi extenders with BT which EE confirmed would be replaced with the compatible EE wifi extenders like for like.

My EE Smart Hub Plus arrived within a day with a BT wifi extender! I knew the BT extender was not compatible. The EE app had all my mobile phone updated contract info, but when I went to add my broadband account to link it up, the App just presents me with an error and tells me to ring customer support.

After 6 calls with customer support I still have no EE wifi extenders dispatched and no access to the app for my broadband service. Customer support just saying there is known issues for those people that have transferred over from BT. They can raise the orders in the system but something is stopping them being dispatched.

Finally, to rub salt into the wound customer support say they can’t upgrade me to the 1.6 gig package as the account isn’t linked yet!

On the plus side the 1 gig service is rock solid since I plugged it in.

So, are there others that experiencing similar or am I the exception?

0 REPLIES 0