BT To New EE?

RocketPup1
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hi there, I’m Currently on BT Fibre 2 (6 months into 24 month contract) and not sure if switching to New EE Broadband is a option yet as I’m still very early in the contract

should I stick with BT or call to switch over/look at options? Don’t wanna be paying a termination fee so not sure 

Need Further Help? Call 150 From Your EE Number Or Download The My EE App On The App Store And Google Play
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RocketPup1
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Update - called them and Moving To BT to New EE Broadband is just a recontract! Yes, it seems it is higher than BT pricing but weirdly I got an extra 10mbps on speeds and of course the New EE Smart Hub Plus With WIFI 6, Geo-Fields, Ping Settings etc (obviously most people will use any of these features but it’s nice to have)

Need Further Help? Call 150 From Your EE Number Or Download The My EE App On The App Store And Google Play

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
NaZiR2020
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am in the exact same situation but the chance of them charging you is 100% certain

@RocketPup1   what do you think you would gain by switching?

Unless there something that EE is offering that BT are not already delivering I doubt the early termination charges would be worth the effort of changing.

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@RocketPup1 @Have you seen this on the BT website, where it states “Call for your exclusive EE upgrade offer”. So it would appear that it’s not a termination. I don’t know what the offers are like.

I can tell you. I phoned to find out and was quoted a higher price! 🤷🏼

I am still in contract with BT on Fibre Halo 3 FTTC - no full fibre available.  Welcome to the new EE.

RocketPup1
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Update - called them and Moving To BT to New EE Broadband is just a recontract! Yes, it seems it is higher than BT pricing but weirdly I got an extra 10mbps on speeds and of course the New EE Smart Hub Plus With WIFI 6, Geo-Fields, Ping Settings etc (obviously most people will use any of these features but it’s nice to have)

RocketPup1
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

New EE WiFi Hubs Have WiFi 6 which allows Geo-Fields and Ping Settings, Making Reliability Better And tbh, everyone’s going to eventually get moved over so decided to do it sooner than later to save hassle 

RocketPup1
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

No charges, it’s a recontract and no upfront fees 

NaZiR2020
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The new EE broadband provides up to 1.6 gbps download speed probably a lie though

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NaZiR2020 

Please see our EE Broadband Deals | Home Broadband | EE for available speeds for where you live. 

Leanne.