cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

tmobile stole £40 from me

ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

2 weeks ago i bought a 6monthweb internet booster, yesterday the booster was removed. i called customer services and they said it was removed because i breached the fair use policy, i did not know there was a fair use policy because the text that i got after buying the booster said "thank you for buying a booster, you now have unlimited email and internet which i interpret to mean unlimited email and unlimited internet. customer services would not put the booster back on or refund me. how do i get my £40 back

34 REPLIES 34

i am going to call customer services tommorrow again and say i will not stop complaining until i am refunded. if that does not work i will ask my bank for a chargeback

@ythguanluke    Complain about what ?   Your the one that didn’t read the T&Cs of the product you was purchasing and heavily violated the usage of what you was given and you think you are in the right.

Do you think driving at 50mph on a 30 mph road at 2am means it’s ok because the road is quiet,   Because it seems you do. 

ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

1. yes that would be ok

2. data usage is different to driving

why was i sent a text saying i had unlimited internet after i bought the booster

@ythguanluke   Going over the limit can result in something that you’ll not be happy with.   

@ythguanluke 

I did ask you do you still have this text message?   You need to prove that you had this not just say you had it.     If you have that message you have proof but with out it you have nothing.  

And you can not purchase an unlimited add on ( see my post above on what you can purchase. 

(You might be offered an unlimited add on and you’ll need to reply back to that message but these are offers made to you) 

ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i dont have it because i deleted all the messages from my router

@mikeliuk where does the 90gb plus the extra 10gb the OP has had for free?

It's a FUP of 500mb Download per month, so over the £40 period (6 months) that's a total of 3Gb, the OP aperently used around 100Gb so was around 97gb more than the FUP in a matter of the first few months.

So the OP has gone way over the recommended FUP by around x32 more then they should have done.

@mikeliuk has wrongly taken the FUP as 500MB per day. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I gave the customer a very generous upper bound.

It seems that booster is very poor value for money. 😂

I guess this shows how much technology has changed since T-Mobile stopped trading in the UK and became a part (clarification: one half of 50:50 new joint venture) of EE. 🤓

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net