cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

tmobile stole £40 from me

ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

2 weeks ago i bought a 6monthweb internet booster, yesterday the booster was removed. i called customer services and they said it was removed because i breached the fair use policy, i did not know there was a fair use policy because the text that i got after buying the booster said "thank you for buying a booster, you now have unlimited email and internet which i interpret to mean unlimited email and unlimited internet. customer services would not put the booster back on or refund me. how do i get my £40 back

34 REPLIES 34
ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

if i dont get my money back i will call my bank and tell them to chargeback the money

If you where using the T Mob SIM and the Add On in a Router that could be the reason it was picked up by the Network.

Seem to remember a lot of the TM T&C's for the SIM s didn't allow Tethering or least where restricted after a certain Date or T&Cs update..

Stop crying like a spoilt kid and "man up".

You broke T&C

they have to allow it to be used in any device or they are breaking net neutrality rules

a 500mb limit is very arbitrary, 100gb usage in 2021 is quite normal 

I don't think you can get your money back, as you breched TM,s T&C either knowingly or unknowingly, probably best just to right this one down to experience.

£40 is alot of money to lose, i dont have much money so i need the £40 back to buy some real unlimited daa on another network, i dont think 100gb is worth £40

@ythguanluke   You agreed to the terms when you purchased the add on.  You broke the allowance usage there for broke the T&Cs.  You are not entitled to any refund. 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @ythguanluke ,

I'm sorry to hear of the bad experience which you are having and I'm sure that none of us on here would want to buy a product/service A and instead be supplied with a product/service B.

In your case, I believe you can only rely on what you thought you were buying before you received the inaccurate text message. I would recommend to review the online documentation for the booster that you had access to before purchase and to see whether there is any mention of unlimited internet/data before you made the purchase.

As 6 * 30 * 0.5 GB = 90 GB, if there was any mention of 500 MB that you should have reasonably seen before purchase, in principle you should have known that 90 GB was the data purchased and you've benefited from a further 10 GB data for free.

Absolutely I agree the text message might have been misleading and I'm currently trying to resolve an issue where I was promised unlimited data for GBP 5/mth but was wrongly charged double or quadruple for this so you have my sympathies.

If you are able to find proof that you were promised unlimited data, you would then be able to request a refund on the basis of the services delivered not being those as described.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net