cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

tmobile stole £40 from me

ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

2 weeks ago i bought a 6monthweb internet booster, yesterday the booster was removed. i called customer services and they said it was removed because i breached the fair use policy, i did not know there was a fair use policy because the text that i got after buying the booster said "thank you for buying a booster, you now have unlimited email and internet which i interpret to mean unlimited email and unlimited internet. customer services would not put the booster back on or refund me. how do i get my £40 back

34 REPLIES 34
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It is a condition of these Boosters on T-Mobile - see T-Mobile pay as you go price plans and call charges

11. If you’re a pay as you go customer you can get 30 days, 30 days rolling or 6 months of internet on your phone in the UK. Text MONTHWEB for 30 day Booster, MONTHWEB2 for 30 day rolling Booster or 6MONTHWEB for 6 month Booster to 441 to buy. ... This Booster comes with a Fair Use Policy of 500MB a calendar month.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@ythguanluke : Sorry, I broke the link. Here it is : EE Legacy pay as you go price plans and call charges 
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

how is 500mb unlimited i can use that in 10 minutes. they should not call it unlimited if the allowance is really 500mb. what is the reason that it is 500mb

The 500mb is the Download limit, (or Streaming Video, music etc) after this you can still access the Internet, browse etc, just not download.

Used to be £20 for 6 months in the UK, I believe your one is £40 for 6 months Web in Europe, the 5 Day, and 30 Day Monthly ones had the same limits, from memory the only one that was truly Unlimited was the 1 Day T Mob Web and Orange World for a £1 a Day, but it's been a while now, at least 15 years since I was playing around with them Add Ons.

TBH I don't know why EE cut your Add On off, as the Network would restrict after 500mb automatically, unless there was some other reasons involved

my speed never got restricted, it allowed me to download 100gb before the booster got removed, i know my data usage has not damaged the network because i did the downloading overnight, not during the day and i know that the wholesale price of data is about 1p per gb so ee still make a profit

@ythguanluke  Doesn’t matter when you do it it’s the fact you broken the T&Cs of the add on. 

ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

the text i got when i bought the booster said i had unlimited internet, 500mb is NOT unlimited, i can use 500mb in 10 minutes, i still want my £40 back

@ythguanluke 

B3111EBC-3050-43AE-854E-E32D0245BD88.jpeg

do you still have this text ?   As you can not prove anything without that text .    The image above shows what you get for your he £40 and what allowance that has.  

just to add you’ll never get unlimited data for 6 months for £40 as a one off payment.  

ythguanluke
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i dont have the text anymore because i deleted all the messages from my router last week