cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

speeds have dropped and stayed low for months

Tom_HB
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Since moving into our new home in oct 2020 we have constantly had issues with our internet (very unlucky!).

From "mid oct - end of nov" we had a great internet connection and were getting around 70mbps which is expected from our package.

Then from "Dec - start of Feb" we had no internet at all due to a fault that took way longer than it should have for openreach to solve.

Since then our speeds dropped to around 50mbps, which was ok but then in april - may the internet only held a connection for 2hrs at a time, then the router had to be factory reset every time for it to work. At this point, the internet also dropped even lower to 16mbps at one point!

Finally, since this last issue was fixed in may, our speeds have gone all the way down to 30mbps and haven't improved at all. 

So all I'm asking is, what can I do? On the EE status page the downstream sync rate has been put to 35mbps for months and no amount of uninterrupted up time has improved our connection speeds.

Screenshot 2021-10-01 190033.pngScreenshot 2021-10-01 190118.png

Thanks, Tom

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Insist on holding EE to its "Guaranteed Min. D/Load Speed" to be found in your MyEE for BB under "Your BB speed".

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

At the moment it seems that's the best we can do and just hope for the best.

we have called them again this week and have told them about how our speeds are less then half our rate and are below the 43mbps minimum promise. So far they were holding out on the mso notice but thats been on our record since jan. 

I really hope this time it gets sorted, whatever the actual issue may be.

I was hoping that by posting on here, maybe there would be a clear issue with all the data and numbers provided but I guess the issue lies somewhere else (unfortunately for me).

Thanks for the help and advice guys.