cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Swap from contract to sim only

karenallan
Explorer

I recently made the adult decision that I didn't need to get the new model iphone out or upgrade my perfectly working phone (especially since its only really like 6 months old after I dropped and smashed it and got a new one through insurance). HOWEVER, I think my phone (iphone11) listened to me bragging about being sensible and going to sim only because since I made the swap after my contract ending it keeps freezing and switching off. Sometimes after restarting I can't even open an app before it's switched off again. It's so infuriating that I can barely use it and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I did read somewhere about taking the sim card out which I have done but it hasn't made a difference.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @karenallan 

Welcome to the EE community

Apologies, but I'm not clear what your query is. You've posted with the subject line of "swap from contract to SIM only" which is just a change of payment plan, but your message seems to be asking about a faulty phone?

Surely it can't be a coincidence that since the sim swapped to sim only that there are problems with it? It had to be a direct correlation when there were no problems previously? 

It could as the 2 are unrelated.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@karenallan wrote:

Surely it can't be a coincidence that since the sim swapped to sim only that there are problems with it? It had to be a direct correlation when there were no problems previously? 

This is just a change of payment plan - nothing more, nothing less.

A SIM-only is a contract plan in exactly the same way as any other pay-monthly plan.