cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iphone 13 pro max 5g signal isn't working

hash70
Investigator
Investigator

I cant get my new iPhone 13 pro max to use 5g,its cònstantly on 4g,i went into settings and set the correct 5g settings,I deliver fast food in Glasgow and today because of lack of drivers I drove all over Glasgow including city center but I can't get 5g to turn on

24 REPLIES 24

Same problem here. Got an iPhone 13 Pro Max from EE. First 2 weeks there was no problem connecting to 5G anywhere in my area or at work. Suddenly it stopped working (probably after turning on wifi calling). The only way I could connect to 5G was ejecting and inserting SIM back. As I thought it may be a SIM card issue, I swapped it for an E-SIM. Didn’t help at all, had to find another way of connecting to 5G. The only way at the moment is manually selecting a different carrier, waiting until it fully “connects” to it and connecting back to EE. This is definitely a software issue with EE.

Is anybody having this issue with a SIM card? I have a feeling this could be esim related. I remember when the iPhone 12 came out there was a problem with esim’s not connecting to 5G. Unfortunately I don’t have a physical SIM card to try this theory.

I went to settings/mobile data/turn on this line. I toggled off and then back on again and 5G came back. I’ll see how long it stays on 5G and report back.

Last 3-4 weeks I having the same problem with 5G signal (outdoor/indoor) here in London. Before I haven't any problem with 5G. SIM card - changed. Cellular settings on my phone - updated. Network settings - reset. One day I can get 4G, another day 5G and so on. I just came from Apple Store (Genius Bar) all diagnostic tests passed successfully. Woman told me that recently it is common problem with EE and Vodafone. 

Truckie60
Visitor

Mine not working either Ee says not us???

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi all.

If you're having problems with your 5G. I'd recommend checking the coverage checker to make sure 5G is in your area and to check if there are any maintenance works in your area.

A quick restart of your phone, or making sure your software is up to date can also help.

If you're still having problems, I'd recommend speaking with our technical support team so that they can look into this further for you.

Chris