cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iphone 13 pro max 5g signal isn't working

hash70
Investigator
Investigator

I cant get my new iPhone 13 pro max to use 5g,its cònstantly on 4g,i went into settings and set the correct 5g settings,I deliver fast food in Glasgow and today because of lack of drivers I drove all over Glasgow including city center but I can't get 5g to turn on

24 REPLIES 24
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @a_ukboy

I would recommend reporting this to our technical care team on 150. 

The team will be able to complete a full diagnostics and escalate this further if need be. 

Please be sure to keep us updated.

Katie 🙂

EE iPhone 13 pro max 5g issues . My 5g has not been working for the last 2 days . I’ve only had this phone for 1 week. spoken to EE technical and they have no idea what they are doing waisted 1 hour of my time. This is a absolute joke . Seems to be a lot of people are having the same issues and I’ve been hearing is contact EE. Time waist. I’m paying for 5g and not even getting it!!!!!!!! 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andycuban

Welcome to the community.

What have you tried so far? We'll do our best to help.

Is your software up to date? Have you tried backing up and restoring your iPhone? Did the technical support team mention any network maintenance in your area?

Chris

Just to add this is happening to me too ever since iOS 15.0.2. I’m now running iOS 15.2 beta and same issues. I’m on iPhone 12 Pro Max 

Workaround for now that works for me. Go mobile data in settings and click network selection. Turn off auto and click any other network. Wait until you completely loose service and click on EE again. Then you can turn back on auto if you want. 5G now works for me for now

edit: also been told it’s due to Wi-Fi calling. Can’t confirm it works but heard if you turn Wi-Fi calling off it will fix it. As I say I can’t confirm this yet

Hi

i have now had 3 iPhone 13s and have had murders with 5G 

i have had numerous calls with EE and the super tech guys at Apple

I’ve identified that 5G drops once I disconnect from any Wi-Fi connection.

I can reconnect to 5G by manually selecting EE in the network settings.

5 and a half weeks after getting my first handset EE confirmed today that other users are reporting similar problems

they have no idea how to fix it yet but they are aware of it

Direct from EE

Hi have spoken to EE technical and spent 1 hour on the phone and still no joy. Software is up to date 

Hi yes I am on a 5g tariff. Have spoken to EE and they have no idea what the problem is

Yes